Best language for space invaders

prolemur

There isn't one truly "best" language for something like space invaders.

C# would be an quick easy build, and for something that doesn't need cutting edge graphical optimization is quite handy.  Downside is porting

Java overall a good choice, similar to C# (imo a bit more clunky compared to C#) but the benefit is you could roll over some of your java code over to android, create applets to run in web-browsers, and just in general cross platform support.

C++ well you have lots of choices here, you could go with something like opengl/directx support, win32 api calls and such, so lots of flexibility but the graphical side of things would probably be more complex

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Make it in Unity, use either javascript or C#, you could probably finish it in under an hour.

There isn't one truly "best" language for something like space invaders.

C# would be an quick easy build, and for something that doesn't need cutting edge graphical optimization is quite handy.  Downside is porting

Java overall a good choice, similar to C# (imo a bit more clunky compared to C#) but the benefit is you could roll over some of your java code over to android, create applets to run in web-browsers, and just in general cross platform support.

C++ well you have lots of choices here, you could go with something like opengl/directx support, win32 api calls and such, so lots of flexibility but the graphical side of things would probably be more complex

Actually, if you use Monogame, a multi-platform game development tool, you can port to iOS, android, wp8, w8, linux and mac

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

python.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

python.

I considered this but how would i make the graphics

I considered this but how would i make the graphics

pygame

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

pygame seems to work best with version 2.7 of python

well you import it, and then there are a bunch of things you need to setup like the screen and such. 

There are many good example online, or there is the documentation as well.

pygame seems to work best with version 2.7 of python

well you import it, and then there are a bunch of things you need to setup like the screen and such. 

There are many good example online, or there is the documentation as well.

Thanks for the help :)

Thanks for the help :)

No Problem.

If you have any problems with it, just pm me.