Plug and play controller not working

johnpathia21

Hello guys. I bought A plug and play wired controller for pc.

when i plug it in I hear the sound of the windows that indicates a device has been connected. However the lights on the controller wont turn on and it wont work.

I tried it on my sisters pc with windows 7 and it works nice. Also tested it on another 8.1 pc and it also works..

what can be wrong with my pc's settings?

My OS:windows 8.1

when i plug it in I hear the sound of the windows that indicates a device has been connected. However the lights on the controller wont turn on and it wont work.

I tried it on my sisters pc with windows 7 and it works nice. Also tested it on another 8.1 pc and it also works..

What particular controller is this 'Plug and play controller'? We can't just magically fix this if we don't know what the problem is.

Have you gone into device manager and tried to reinstall drivers for it?

Sig under construction.

RMA it. Usually problems on occour with wireless controller. but wired controller having problem probably mean its broken

RMA it. Usually problems on occour with wireless controller. but wired controller having problem probably mean its broken

but its not broken. it works on 2 other pcs

1. On the Start screen, click Control Panel.
Click View Devices and Printers.Verify that the controller appears under Devices, and then right-click the controller, and click Game controller settings.Check the Status of the controller, and then click Properties.On the Test tab, test that the controller works correctly. If there are any issues, click Calibrate on the Settings tab.If you continue to experience any issues, right-click the controller under Devices in Devices and Printers, and then click Troubleshoot