error code: 0x500ff Windows shut down

MisterWhite

The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe  has initiated the power off of computer on behalf of user ME for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found.

Reason Code: 0x500ff Shutdown Type: power off

So my pc with windows 10 has been shutting down (like a normal shut down) while playing games, it doesn't occur when browsing the web for a few hours, but when in games after some time the windows shut down window appears. After that the power button light flashes. Then if i press power button it starts with no images for a few moments and goes down. And after a second power on it launches like a normal pc.

I didn't find any solution on the web, only the problem.

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe  has initiated the power off of computer on behalf of user ME for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found.

Reason Code: 0x500ff Shutdown Type: power off

So my pc with windows 10 has been shutting down (like a normal shut down) while playing games, it doesn't occur when browsing the web for a few hours, but when in games after some time the windows shut down window appears. After that the power button light flashes. Then if i press power button it starts with no images for a few moments and goes down. And after a second power on it launches like a normal pc.

I didn't find any solution on the web, only the problem.

Have you tried doing a clean reinstall?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Have you tried doing a clean reinstall?

Well i kinda have this new pc for 2-3 weeks. i can say it's pretty new

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

Well i kinda have this new pc for 2-3 weeks. i can say it's pretty new

Did it ship with Windows 10?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

decided to upgrade from win 7. so no

Had a similar issue with my current PC after cleaning the internals.

Had it randomly shutting off or restarting usually during games. Windows logged it as "power off" reason.

My best guess is that it had something to do with a loose motherboard power cable. I opened the case again and verified / reconnected all the main cables and the issue was gone. 

Could give it a try.