Is Fortron FSP500-60APN enough for GTX970

Go to solution Solved by quan289,

Between those three, I would go for the Seasonic M12II-B 750w. It's superior to every unit mentioned that you mention as well as the S12II-B 620w that was mentioned (group-regulation opposed to indy regulation via DC-DC). Although it is overkill and will give you plenty of room to SLI as well, so try to fine something cheaper if you aren't planning to SLI.

If you want to save some money, you can get that S12II-B 520w or my personal recommendation: the Cooler Master G550M (CWT GPK with an updated DC-DC convertor in the secondary) for 140лв. It's not as well-built as the Seasonic M12II-B but it is superior to what you have and the other units you are looking at. http://www.pazaruvaj.com/zahranvawi-blokove-c3158/cooler-master/g550m-rs550-amaab1-eu-p204809191/

Hello guys, so i bught a new gpu gtx 970 phantom, but i dont know if my psu is enough to handle it, and the gpu requieres 2 x 6 pin conectors but my psu have only 1, is 2 molex to 6 pin adapter safe to use with this psu? I`m not going to do any overclocking, just want to know is it safe :)

My whole pc is:

MB: GB H81M-S1/1150

CPU: i5 4460

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

GPU: GTX 970 phantom

PSU: Fortron FSP500-60APN

Buy a new PSU

Buy a new PSU.

Although 500W is enough.

You can use the Molex to 6 pin. It is safe.

I don't know how bad that PSU is.

Buy this EVGA G2 PSU

http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Hello guys, so i bught a new gpu gtx 970 phantom, but i dont know if my psu is enough to handle it, and the gpu requieres 2 x 6 pin conectors but my psu have only 1, is 2 molex to 6 pin adapter safe to use with this psu? I`m not going to do any overclocking, just want to know is it safe :)

My whole pc is:

MB: GB H81M-S1/1150

CPU: i5 4460

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

GPU: GTX 970 phantom

PSU: Fortron FSP500-60APN

Get a new psu before you set something on fire. for the love of lord GabeN just get a new power supply.

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I can`t find this psu in Bulgaria...can you tell me which is best form this 3. They are all in the same price range.Thanks in advance kameshss

Corsair Builder Series CX600M CP-9020060

Seasonic M12II-750 SS-750AM

Be Quiet System Power 600W S7 BN145

M12II out of those 3 for freaking certain. :)

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

That PSU is discontinued, that says it all...

I can`t find this psu in Bulgaria...can you tell me which is best form this 3. They are all in the same price range.Thanks in advance kameshss

Corsair Builder Series CX600M CP-9020060

Seasonic M12II-750 SS-750AM

Be Quiet System Power 600W S7 BN145

Put the link of the shop, I don't mind cyrilic

This is a signature.

The seasonic but link us to the store. Many of us can read cyrillic to some extent or another.

Thermaltake Smart SE is similar to the Corsair VS series. They are based off of the same GPM platform from Channel Well Tech (CWT), in which it is lower-end than the Corsair CX (430-600w) series that's based off of the CWT DSA-III platform.

Basically, it's an "it will do" PSU and is indeed capable of powering a system whose power draw is lower than 300wDC. And while it isn't that great of a PSU either, your current FSP APN should be capable of powering it as well.

Like others have said, providing a link to the store you are buying from will be extremely helpful as it will let us know what is available to you at what particular price.

This is a signature.

Between those three, I would go for the Seasonic M12II-B 750w. It's superior to every unit mentioned that you mention as well as the S12II-B 620w that was mentioned (group-regulation opposed to indy regulation via DC-DC). Although it is overkill and will give you plenty of room to SLI as well, so try to fine something cheaper if you aren't planning to SLI.

If you want to save some money, you can get that S12II-B 520w or my personal recommendation: the Cooler Master G550M (CWT GPK with an updated DC-DC convertor in the secondary) for 140лв. It's not as well-built as the Seasonic M12II-B but it is superior to what you have and the other units you are looking at. http://www.pazaruvaj.com/zahranvawi-blokove-c3158/cooler-master/g550m-rs550-amaab1-eu-p204809191/