Surround Not Working

spwath

Ok, so i have a few problems.

My receiver is conected via HDMI

I can only get surround if I have the receiver as a second monitor

If its connected to my monitor using HDMI passthorugh I can only get stereo

I can not get a signal on my HDMI monitor pass through on receiver if a DVI monitor is also connected to my gpu.

I just get the signal on the DVI monitor, and it flashes.

I can get normal DVI and HDMI monitor if I don't use the pass through on my receiver, but then my receiver isn't connected to my computer.

I can get surround using the passthrough if I factory reset the receiver, but the next day, no surround.

I have tried everything.

Im out of ideas.

Ideas?
I have tried fixing it for a while, nothing I do works.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

what ever you trying to listen to needs to support what ever you have (dolby or dts) and neds to have surround support (multiple channels) some stuff are simple and only have 2 channels not 5 or 7

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Ok, so i have a few problems.

My receiver is conected via HDMI

I can only get surround if I have the receiver as a second monitor

If its connected to my monitor using HDMI passthorugh I can only get stereo

I can not get a signal on my HDMI monitor pass through on receiver if a DVI monitor is also connected to my gpu.

I just get the signal on the DVI monitor, and it flashes.

I can get normal DVI and HDMI monitor if I don't use the pass through on my receiver, but then my receiver isn't connected to my computer.

I can get surround using the passthrough if I factory reset the receiver, but the next day, no surround.

I have tried everything.

Im out of ideas.

Ideas?

I have tried fixing it for a while, nothing I do works.

Holy shit you are everywhere

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

what ever you trying to listen to needs to support what ever you have (dolby or dts) and neds to have surround support (multiple channels) some stuff are simple and only have 2 channels not 5 or 7

But in windows, it wont let me select 5.1 or 7.1 unless im not using the HDMI passthrough, or i just factory reset receiver

Holy shit you are everywhere

?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But in windows, it wont let me select 5.1 or 7.1 unless im not using the HDMI passthrough, or i just factory reset receiver

?

I used to use a TV with HDMI from GPU to it, From the TV I did a audio coaxial cable to the receiver and it worked fine, even with another monitor on DVI, Now I use an Ultra-wide and I have to find a way to get surround working again

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I used to use a TV with HDMI from GPU to it, From the TV I did a audio coaxial cable to the receiver and it worked fine, even with another monitor on DVI, Now I use an Ultra-wide and I have to find a way to get surround working again

So you have no idea how?

There is always the optical option, but little game support.

So you have no idea how?

There is always the optical option, but little game support.

Yea, If you have a spare TV try doing what I did and see if that works if not, Its a issue with Windows

Reason I have problems is that my receiver is from 97 and doesn't not have that optical jazz and all that cool modern stuff but it was the best receiver at the time

Yea, If you have a spare TV try doing what I did and see if that works if not, Its a issue with Windows

Reason I have problems is that my receiver is from 97 and doesn't not have that optical jazz and all that cool modern stuff but it was the best receiver at the time

Seems odd though that if i just go HDMI to receiver, and then not HDMI to monitor, I get surround.

If i go HDMI to receiver to monitor, I dont.

And its odd that a factory reset temporarily fixes it.

Seems odd though that if i just go HDMI to receiver, and then not HDMI to monitor, I get surround.

If i go HDMI to receiver to monitor, I dont.

And its odd that a factory reset temporarily fixes it.

Might be a faulty receiver and just bypass it self and continues the HDMI signal without decoding the audio

Might be a faulty receiver and just bypass it self and continues the HDMI signal without decoding the audio

I mean, i still get stereo.

But yeah, probably my receiver...

I might need to just get a new one.

I mean, i still get stereo.

But yeah, probably my receiver...

I might need to just get a new one.

If I lived near you like down the street I would help but you live on the other god damn side of Rochester, What make and model is your receiver?

If I lived near you like down the street I would help but you live on the other god damn side of Rochester, What make and model is your receiver?

Sony STR-DH520

I called their support, they told me to factory reset it, and I did, and it worrked, so I hung up.

but now it doesnt work again.

I might call them again.

Problem is, i bought it used, so no warenty. And its from 2011

Sony STR-DH520

I called their support, they told me to factory reset it, and I did, and it worrked, so I hung up.

but now it doesnt work again.

I might call them again.

Problem is, i bought it used, so no warenty. And its from 2011

Try an Optical cable, if problem consist something is wrong with the receiver 

Try an Optical cable, if problem consist something is wrong with the receiver 

problem is my MB doesnt have optical out.

problem is my MB doesnt have optical out.

Sound card or use a TV with optical as a second monitor 

Sound card or use a TV with optical as a second monitor 

I feel like that wouldent help, seems like it is the HDMI problem, as i can get it working in some cases.

Its a problem with the HDMI passthrough.

It could be windows detecting my monitors stereo speakers as the stereo.

Im not sure, I ordered a DVI-HDMI adapter from china a while ago, ill see if that fixes it when it arives on the 14th

I feel like that wouldent help, seems like it is the HDMI problem, as i can get it working in some cases.

Its a problem with the HDMI passthrough.

It could be windows detecting my monitors stereo speakers as the stereo.

Im not sure, I ordered a DVI-HDMI adapter from china a while ago, ill see if that fixes it when it arives on the 14th

does your monitor have a Headphone port on back

Actualy how did i not think of this, let me try with a different PC>

does your monitor have a Headphone port on back

yeah

lol oh yea

yeah

Never mind my headphone port question,I went full retard and thought for a sec u could do surround with analog audio xD

Never mind my headphone port question,I went full retard and thought for a sec u could do surround with analog audio xD

Well, you can with the 3 analogs on mb's

Now waiting for this Intel centrinio laptop to configure windows...

lol oh yea

Well good/bad news

The laptop does it too, only stereo.

It's not my PC.

Deff a receiver problem.

Yup, so I plug in HDMI to laptop-

Stereo

Unplug monitor from receiver-

So deff receiver/monitor problem