Should I downgrade the cpu for a crossfire setup?

Hi. 

I was planning on getting this rig:
CPU:i7-5960X
CPU Cooling: A kit from a local website
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 32GB 4x8gb
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 fury x
HDD: WD Desktop Black 4TB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GBx2
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
CD-ROM: ASUS BC-12D2HT
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo

I was wondering if I should downgrade the cpu to a i7 5820K and maybe I can downgrade the motherboard or maybe something from the z97 platform. Things I will be using this rig for is gaming whilst streaming, video editing, photo editing and random stuff online. I don't know what else to say and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Thank you in advance!

Hi. 

I was wondering if I should downgrade the cpu to a i7 5820K and maybe I can downgrade the motherboard or maybe something from the z97 platform. Things I will be using this rig for is gaming whilst streaming, video editing, photo editing and random stuff online. I don't know what else to say and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Thank you in advance!

1. don't need such a powerful cpu

2. don't get the fury x its a big let down

3. get a 980 ti instead

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

yeah, get a 5820k the 5960x is for very high end video editing. and get 2 fury xs

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

1. don't need such a powerful cpu

2. don't get the fury x its a big let down

3. get a 980 ti instead

4. Get a 6700k

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Hi. 

Thank you in advance!

You don't need that CPU just get i7 5820K. And get a 980Ti instead as it's better and most video editing programs favor Nvidia CUDA.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

yeah, get a 5820k the 5960x is for very high end video editing. and get 2 fury xs

Fury X is shit

Deal_With_It.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

4. Get a 6700k

or the i7 5820k

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Fury X is shit

Deal_With_It.jpg

the fury x is a great card. it does whats it supposed to do, use HBM. and the higher resolutions, the more it will win by.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

the fury x is a great card. it does whats it supposed to do, use HBM. and the higher resolutions, the more it will win by.

When will people stop being a fanboy and just get the best bang for buck, may it be AMD or Nvidia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMvFpiiuN98

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

the 980 ti will beat it 100% of the time the fury x is a complete let down

Spoiler

You don't need that CPU just get i7 5820K. And get a 980Ti instead as it's better and most video editing programs favor Nvidia CUDA.

I have seen on a lot of benchmarks that the r9 fury x outperforms when in crossfire compared to the ti.

We have spotted some fan boys in the wild lads.

We have spotted some people that have never touched either of the cards ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I went for the lesser one, the 3930K half a friggin' decade ago. Still rocking it and haven't regretted it for a second.

Yeah. that's why I am choosing this card and it is cheaper than almost every other gtx 980 ti card here in norway.-.-

When will people stop being a fanboy and just get the best bang for buck, may it be AMD or Nvidia?

the 980 ti will beat it 100% of the time the fury x is a complete let down

take a look at fury x crossfire vs 980 ti sli

/thread

Rigs I've Built

Yeah. that's why I am choosing this card and it is cheaper than almost every other gtx 980 ti card here in norway.-.-

Ofcourse shittier products are less expensive. Also i don't think it's the case:

Cheapest Fury X 749€ http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/451227/msi-r9-fury-x-4gb.html

Cheapest 980Ti € 677,50: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/449113/inno3d-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-oc.html

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

4. Get a 6700k

Why get a 6700k? How is it compared to the 4790k?

Why get a 6700k? How is it compared to the 4790k?

Why would you get a 1 year old product that is nearly 100€ more expensive then at launch?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Ofcourse shittier products are less expensive. Also i don't think it's the case:

Cheapest Fury X 749€ http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/451227/msi-r9-fury-x-4gb.html

Cheapest 980Ti € 677,50: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/449113/inno3d-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-oc.html

Inno3d does not exist in norway. Why do you hate amd so much?

Why would you get a 1 year old product that is nearly 100€ more expensive then at launch?

Some people said that the 4790k was better.

Inno3d does not exist in norway. Why do you hate amd so much?

Because of it's fanboys that can't admin the Fury X is shit and AMD backstabbed us after adveritising and hyping for so long.

Also I bet the Inno3D is available in Norway, if it's not, buy it on Amazon.de

Even if Norway doesn't use € it is still in the E.U. so no import tax or VAT. Heck even no shipping costs on some items.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Because of it's fanboys that can't admin the Fury X is shit and AMD backstabbed us after adveritising and hyping for so long.

Also I bet the Inno3D is available in Norway, if it's not, buy it on Amazon.de

Even if Norway doesn't use € it is still in the E.U. so no import tax or VAT. Heck even no shipping costs on some items.

I found some inno3d products in norway-.- If we purchase a product from any country and it costs over 37 euro we have to pay a lot more and we are not a part of the eu.

I found some inno3d products in norway-.- If we purchase a product from any country and it costs over 37 euro we have to pay a lot more and we are not a part of the eu.

Lies.

Although Norway is not a member state of the European Union (EU), it is closely associated with the Union through its membership in the European Economic Area (EEA), in the context of being a European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member.

U guys should catch up :$

eu_countries_large.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lies.

Although Norway is not a member state of the European Union (EU), it is closely associated with the Union through its membership in the European Economic Area (EEA), in the context of being a European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member.

U guys should catch up :$

eu_countries_large.jpg

Når du bestiller varer fra en utenlandsk nettbutikk, må du i de fleste tilfeller betale merverdiavgift på 25 prosent når varen kommer til Norge. Handler du klær, må du også betale toll. translated: When ordering goods from a foreign online store , you must in most cases pay VAT of 25 percent when the goods arrive in Norway . If you buy clothes , you also need to pay toll.