Define S vs Evolv ATX

Hey guys,

Can't decide what case to get and want to get some opinions. Tossing up between the Define S and Evolv ATX.
Both have great water cooling support and very attractive design.
The Define S is a great value buy ($154 AUD) but the deal breaker for me is that there's no shroud over the PSU.

Evolv ATX is amazing build quality and ticks all my boxes but its pretty pricey ($249 AUD).

Thanks

Don't repost your topics. reported.

The Define S is a much better case. About your PSU problem, it can be solved. Just get some sleeved cables. This will improve the overall look of not only the PSU, but the GPU, Motherboard, hard drives, and your entire build in generally. They are generally not above $50, unless you have a Corsair PSU, in which case they are around $70.

No, the evolv ATX is a bit better, but not necessarily worth the price jump. 

@mmac138 I'd go with the Define S since it feels much more of a bare-bones style of a computer chassis. Very open to being modded & adding features but if you want a decently aesthetic & functional package outta the box the Evolv ATX is still a 1st runner up option in my opinion.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Don't repost your topics. reported.

No, the evolv ATX is a bit better, but not necessarily worth the price jump.

Dont be a dum dum , he was asked to post it in cases and power supplies..

Dont be a dum dum , he was asked to post it in cases and power supplies..

When you want it to be moved, report it and a mod will. Reposting it just adds clutter and removes previous responses. 

I have the define s and it's sexy as hell. Deffo 10/10 case with great support.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

i'd prefer the evolv atx, almost makes me want to buy it when I look at the reviews.  but for about 100$ less i'd get the define s.  I dont know if ill ever spend 100usd on a case much less 200.

edit: i cant even find a price on the evolv atx in the us

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I have the define s and it's sexy as hell. Deffo 10/10 case with great support.

I can +1 this. Mine had a damaged side panel due to shipping and fractal design sent me a new one free of charge.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Well I would go for the Phanteks Evolv ATX since I just got one myself and its brilliant. Take a look at my build on pcpartpicker.com

My Evolv ATX:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/Zgf8TW

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula | GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB | Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX     RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz | HDD: 2TB Western Digital | PSU: Corsair AX850i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB | OS: Windows 8.1  

Evolv ATX is much better looking. Define S is a better value.

HAF 912  •  i5-2500k  •  16GB DDR3  •  980Ti  •  2x 480GB Intel 730  •  3x Dell U2715H