Monitor clicking/popping noise?

Hunched

My Asus VS278Q-P of probably 2 years has recently started to make a clicking/popping sound which only happens around 5 minutes after being "shut off" (sleep mode)

It then persists for about 10 minutes and seems to get a little quieter and take a little longer after each click/pop until it eventually stops all together.

I haven't noticed the sound when the monitor is on, actively displaying something.

Is my monitor going to die soon or something? 

I doubt it's related but I believe it was a couple months ago I noticed these two spots that are always abnormally bright. It may not be easy to see in the picture, but I can still see them.

7BTemw0.jpg

I have no idea what this issue is either. It's not dead pixels, it's not brighter pixels, it appears to be two dots with backlight bleed.

Thanks for any help

Maybe I should post this identical topic in the troubleshooting section if 30 minutes go by and not even a single person can help?

30 minutes really isn't that long seeing as it isn't the most common of issues  :wacko:

Can you give more info on the actual noise though? Is it popping in the sense of like a light static discharge popping, almost fizzing like, or more like the expansion  of plastic (So less often probably, but more prominent).

As for the little white dots they could be stuck pixels, which is fixable sometimes, I've never had issue myself personally, but it's worth trying to fix it, you just need to run a video which will flash bright colours quickly. (Such as

) But of course you don't want to watch the screen while it runs, and you don't need to let it run for the full time.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Maybe I should post this identical topic in the troubleshooting section if 30 minutes go by and not even a single person can help?

might be thermal expansion. As for the posting again, please don't. If you want a topic moved or deleted, message an OP. They do magic.

30 minutes really isn't that long seeing as it isn't the most common of issues  :wacko:

Can you give more info on the actual noise though? Is it popping in the sense of like a light static discharge popping, almost fizzing like, or more like the expansion  of plastic (So less often probably, but more prominent).

As for the little white dots they could be stuck pixels, which is fixable sometimes, I've never had issue myself personally, but it's worth trying to fix it, you just need to run a video which will flash bright colours quickly. (Such as

) But of course you don't want to watch the screen while it runs, and you don't need to let it run for the full time.

I don't know how to describe the noise well, it's pretty loud for a thing with no moving parts anyway, I don't need my ear to be up to it to hear it, I can be like 20 feet away.

I guess it would be like plastic clicking. 

might be thermal expansion. As for the posting again, please don't. If you want a topic moved or deleted, message an OP. They do magic.

If it's thermal expansion as you both think it might be, wouldn't I hear it as it warms up too instead of only when it cools down? It doesn't make the sound when I turn it on, only a while after off. I don't know how quickly it dissipates heat, but it's odd how it takes about 5 minutes of being off for it to actually start making sound.

I don't know how to describe the noise well, it's pretty loud for a thing with no moving parts anyway, I don't need my ear to be up to it to hear it, I can be like 20 feet away.

I guess it would be like plastic clicking. 

If it's thermal expansion as you both think it might be, wouldn't I hear it as it warms up too instead of only when it cools down? It doesn't make the sound when I turn it on, only a while after off. I don't know how quickly it dissipates heat, but it's odd how it takes about 5 minutes of being off for it to actually start making sound.

I does sound like it could be thermal expansion/contraction still, you can sometimes only hear that when it's cooling down. 

If it is then it's nothing to worry about, it shouldn't cause any damage. And it probably is if it's a loud popping sound. 

If it were static discharge, or a loud/faulty capacitor or something like that you would know.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's