moving hard drive containing Windows

waggythegeek

I'm trying to move my c: Drive to another computer and bout into it, but Windows always refuses to launch because of recent hardware changes. How do I fix this?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I'm trying to move my c: Drive to another computer and bout into it, but Windows always refuses to launch because of recent hardware changes. How do I fix this?

Reinstall windows on your drive. No other option unfortunately.

What error are you presented with? What do you see?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Reinstall windows on your drive. No other option unfortunately.

you can try :) but it may not work. i could transfer HDD back in xp days.

it takes a while.

It took an hour when I moved it to a x4-9550 and another when I moved it to a i7-920 when I moved it back to the 4790k it took 10min

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken