Laptop virus?

Daniel0898

So my dad gave his laptop since he got a new one from his company.

It's made by Sony and the exact product name is: SVF15A16CXB                                        Amazon Link (For specs) : http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SVF15A16CXB-15-5-Inch-Touchscreen-Processor/dp/B00EEP2F1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438672368&sr=8-1&keywords=SVF15A16CXB

So my problem is that i can open anything, besides the internet. I can't go to pc settings, I can't open task manager, etc. 

I originally thought it was a virus, but after a full scan from windows defender it found nothing. 

I would just restore it and re-install windows 8, but i can't even get that far in the settings :/

Not sure what to do, any help is appreciated, Thanks! 

Edit: When I say I can't get in them, I mean I click them and nothing happens. They start to open then just crash.

Just stick the Windows 8 installation on a flash drive and do it that way. Use the Windows 8 media creation tool if you do.

It's probably some app installed to limit this stuff from being accessed, due to it being a company laptop.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Just stick the Windows 8 installation on a flash drive and do it that way. Use the Windows 8 media creation tool if you do.

It's probably some app installed to limit this stuff from being accessed, due to it being a company laptop.

That's what I thought, until I talked to him earlier and he told me that he bought it himself, and used it for work. So it shouldn't be restricted. :/

That's what I thought, until I talked to him earlier and he told me that he bought it himself, and used it for work. So it shouldn't be restricted. :/

Interesting...

I'd go with my suggestion anyways, just for the sake of cleaning out any crap that might be lurking.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Interesting...

I'd go with my suggestion anyways, just for the sake of cleaning out any crap that might be lurking.

Will do!