Help Bringing PC Down To Budget

mtrxye

I am planning on building myself a nice gaming rig very soon, and I need some serious help making my decision. I am having difficulty creating a build staying under or around 1300 USD, while being capable of gaming at the specs I want. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

- I would like to max out a variety of games such as Smite, SW:TOR, SW: Battlefront (which is supposed to be VERY similar to BF4), Nosgoth, GMod, HEAVILY modded Skyrim with lots and lots of lighting effects, and Simcity/Sims 4, while staying between 50-60 FPS (I will be getting a 60 Hz 2560x1440p monitor, not included in this budget).

- I live in the Houston area, so if that has any effect on how well the PC will perform (room will be sufficiently cool at all times) take that into account. I will have access to Microcenter.

- I would like the capability to SLI my GPU down the line, maybe in 1-2 years, as I will eventually buy a 60 Hz 4k monitor, with the current 1440p one being either passed down to someone I know or used as a side monitor to quickly reference information.

- I would like to stick as closely to a black, gray, and white theme as possible.

- The Define R5 is my preferred case, with a window. Colors don't matter, I like them all.

- Probably not a major factor, as I believe most motherboards have this, but I would love gigabit internet, as I will be getting that once I move into my new house.

- I want to be sure my CPU could handle SW:TOR (which is poorly optimized) operations and PvP with upwards of 20 players on screen at once, not even counting NPCs, as I have heard the game is very taxing on the CPU.

-If a 250 gb SSD is enough to store the OS, Smite, SW:TOR, and 1 or 2 more games, I would love to go with that. A hard drive can wait, as those are my most used programs.

I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get, to get this down to my budget as best I can. I may be willing to make sacrifices for the time being, upgrading later, but of course I would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance :)

I took in account your preferences. I ended up going for a gigabyte build somewhat. a little over budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($121.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($102.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($519.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1384.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-03 00:12 EDT-0400

For gaming a 4690k is a great cpu, and with the cooler you could overclock it if you wished. Also seeing as you live in Texas a water cooler is probably essential.

I went with a gigabyte motherboard that matched the black, gray, white color scheme.

8gb of ram, standard.

went with a 250gb ssd since you asked for one. You should get a hdd now instead of later, the 1tb WD being good and not expensive.

Went with a gigabyte gtx 980. Since you mentioned probably doing a SLI down the line, I think you would be better getting this instead of spending a sh*t ton for 980ti's. This 980 has a backplate that looks really nice.

Went with the case you chose.

The psu will give you room for OCing and SLI

inb4 someone makes a build using a Xeon E3-1231

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($318.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($39.95 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC) 

Other: RGB Lights ($20.00)

Total: $1319.06

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-03 00:50 EDT-0400

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-E ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($48.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($329.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1115.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-03 01:00 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.