Best PSU Rating?

Desertman

Which PSU rating would be ideal for a high end PC? Gold, Platinum, Or Titanium? I didn't add Bronze because...well its bronze

EDIT: Which rating for the money?

gold is ok i think

It might be for my build but I don't want any power spikes to my system and since my plugs and wiring are not the greatest would it work?

Which PSU rating would be ideal for a high end PC? Gold, Platinum, Or Titanium? I didn't add Bronze because...well its bronze

It's more about the quality of power it provides on the DC side to the computer clean and good power is always better than just a efficiency rating

The PSU rating doesn effect quality, I know of a few 80+ Bronze that are very reliable. The only thing the rating does is tell,you how good,it,is with power efficiency

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The PSU rating doesn effect quality, I know of a few 80+ Bronze that are very reliable. The only thing the rating does is tell,you how good,it,is with power efficiency

Oh ok so better efficiency lower power bill? or just better parts inside the psu?

Doesn't really matter. Judge by quality, not by 80+ rating. There are lots of bronze PSUs that are much better choices then gold PSUs. Example EVGA B2 over EVGA G1 any day.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/04/80_plus_irrelevant_to_you_when_buying_psu/

"Rawr XD"

Oh ok so better efficiency lower power bill? or just better parts inside the psu?

Lower power bill but VERY slightly, see article above. Again, higher 80+ rating does not necessarily translate to a better built PSU.

"Rawr XD"

Better efficiency means lower power bill but marginal depending where you live for the cost of power, in terms of components it's better to look into reviews that break down the unit and look at the specifics since there are some well made PSU's with decent but not the best capacitors or filtering.

Doesn't really matter. Judge by quality, not by 80+ rating. There are lots of bronze PSUs that are much better choices then gold PSUs. Example EVGA B2 over EVGA G1 any day.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/04/80_plus_irrelevant_to_you_when_buying_psu/

Since you might know a lot more than me about PSU's would a 80+Gold EVGA SuperNOVA Nex be good and reliable?

Better efficiency means lower power bill but marginal depending where you live for the cost of power, in terms of components it's better to look into reviews that break down the unit and look at the specifics since there are some well made PSU's with decent but not the best capacitors or filtering.

Yeah where I live its only 9 cents per kilowatt

Since you might know a lot more than me about PSU's would a 80+Gold EVGA SuperNOVA Nex be good and reliable?

Could,I get a specific link? I need the part model specifically

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Could,I get a specific link? I need the part model specifically

Part number 120-G1-0650-XR Oh its a g1 I see where you judge the reliability   120-(G1)-0650-XR

Part number 120-G1-0650-XR Oh its a g1 I see where you judge the reliability 120-(G1)-0650-XR

Yeah G1s aren't so good ( it's not the same for every brand but that's how it is for EVGA ) GS G2 B2 T2 P2 are all good ones, may have missed one or two

EDIT- and the PS ( didn't know that one fen existed ) All those are good.

Yeah where I live its only 9 cents per kilowatt

Yeah not much to worry about there, as for the Nex lineup for EVGA is good in general but which unit are you specifically looking at.

Yeah G1s aren't so good ( it's not the same for every brand but that's how it is for EVGA ) GS G2 B2 T2 P2 are all good ones, may have missed one or two

Can you recommend a 650-800 Watt PSU?

EVGA G2 750W is basically one of the best ones for price and performance in terms of power quality.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220gs0650v1 What's the specs of the system you plan on getting? ( use the site I'm showing your the PSU on ) It tells you what wattage you will need ect ect.. Do you plan on SLI or crossfire in the future ? If so I'd get a 750-850w depending on the GPU.

Well titanium is the best so far, but i think only 2 PSU's have that rating, Corsair AX1500i and EVGA Supernova T2 1600W

but yeah as others said 80+ Rating tells very little of quality, Corsair CX units and Seasonic S12ii units are both 80+ bronze, but The CX is "bargain bin" quality whereas the s12ii is much more decent quality.

same for 80+ gold, Same story if you compare the corsair rm unit to a Evga supernova G2 Or XFX XTR unit, both 80+ gold but worlds apart when it comes to quality.

If you want to play it safe get a Supernova G2 unit, it's pretty much the safest option to go for apart from a Seasonic unit, i'm still not too sure about the NEX lineup, so personally i'd play it safe, grab a G2 supernova and go to sleep worry free.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

No, like I said the B2 is a much better choice then the G1, even though it's lower efficiency. Some PSUs like the G1 are good for efficiency and nothing else, and it's not like on the power bill you'll notice the difference anyways.

EVGA 750B2. It's a better buy then the G2 if you don't need full modular or hybrid fan mode. And honestly, nobody needs either of those.

"Rawr XD"

EVGA G2 750W is basically one of the best ones for price and performance in terms of power quality.

750B2 is better price-to-performance wise then G2. $60 (often less) for a 750W semi-modular Super Flower Golden Green is a steal.

"Rawr XD"

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220gs0650v1 What's the specs of the system you plan on getting? ( use the site I'm showing your the PSU on ) It tells you what wattage you will need ect ect.. Do you plan on SLI or crossfire in the future ? If so I'd get a 750-850w depending on the GPU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gcYF6h Heres my build

Like a be quiet! ?

For $40 more then 212 EVO, my choices would be either the Noctua U14S or that huge Phanteks cooler

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk

Or maybe go the water cooling route http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rls24m24pkr1

"Rawr XD"