PS Vita

IshanSethi

Ok so around 2 years ago I bought a PS Vita and I came across the dilemma on whether I should sell it or not. I barely play it any more, and now that Sony is stopping support should I sell it before it really becomes dead. I have 4 games for it, Call of duty Black Ops Declassified, Unit 13, Virtua Tennis 4 and Wipeout 2048. These games are old, but fun, games for the ps vita. What should I do and how much should I sell everything for if selling it is appropriate. I also have a 16 GB SD card with it. Should I sell it and download a future emulator down the line before the PS vita drops in value, or should I keep it as a relic?

PC Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hZCypg  ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k ; MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz (spray painted the top part red); GPUGTX 1070 - Gigabyte Variant (Custom painted the Cooler and Fans Red); Case: NZXT S340 (Red); PSUCX 750W  (Bronze 80+); SSD: Crucial 256GB (Boot drive and for applications) and Sandisk 480GB Extreme pro SSD and a Samsung T3 1TB External USB-C SSDHDDWD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB (Both Run at 7200RPM); Displays: Asus something (1080p @ 144hz) and LG 27UD68-W 4K 60Hz IPSLaptop: Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 960M)

If you do have a PS4, you can use Remote Play to play PS4 on your bed on your bed or something. Pretty neat kinda.

If you are willing to sell it, I'd say ~$150. If you keep it as a relic, I wouldn't be surprised if that costs ~$250-$500 (possibly way lower or higher) in the next 20 years.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

If you do have a PS4, you can use Remote Play to play PS4 on your bed on your bed or something. Pretty neat kinda.

If you are willing to sell it, I'd say ~$150. If you keep it as a relic, I wouldn't be surprised if that costs ~$250-$500 (possibly way lower or higher) in the next 20 years.

$150 just for the vita, or $150 for everything, I was thinking $350 for all the games, the case, the SD card (which was $50) and the vita.

PC Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hZCypg  ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k ; MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz (spray painted the top part red); GPUGTX 1070 - Gigabyte Variant (Custom painted the Cooler and Fans Red); Case: NZXT S340 (Red); PSUCX 750W  (Bronze 80+); SSD: Crucial 256GB (Boot drive and for applications) and Sandisk 480GB Extreme pro SSD and a Samsung T3 1TB External USB-C SSDHDDWD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB (Both Run at 7200RPM); Displays: Asus something (1080p @ 144hz) and LG 27UD68-W 4K 60Hz IPSLaptop: Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 960M)

I'd say sell it. The Vita is a niche japanese game machine, and none of the games you own are that. I highly doubt another game will pop up on the Vita that would be a must-have for you.

Ok so around 2 years ago I bought a PS Vita and I came across the dilemma on whether I should sell it or not. I barely play it any more, and now that Sony is stopping support should I sell it before it really becomes dead. I have 4 games for it, Call of duty Black Ops Declassified, Unit 13, Virtua Tennis 4 and Wipeout 2048. These games are old, but fun, games for the ps vita. What should I do and how much should I sell everything for if selling it is appropriate. I also have a 16 GB SD card with it. Should I sell it and download a future emulator down the line before the PS vita drops in value, or should I keep it as a relic?

Jailbreak that shit and play all of the N64 GAMES

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I'd say sell it. The Vita is a niche japanese game machine, and none of the games you own are that. I highly doubt another game will pop up on the Vita that would be a must-have for you.

By saying that it is niche, you are saying that it is an "ornament", and if my games aren't that, are the games that I have popular?

Jailbreak that shit and play all of the N64 GAMES

HAHA, i might, I could replace the firmware with a GBA emulator or something

By saying that it is niche, you are saying that it is an "ornament", and if my games aren't that, are the games that I have popular?

I'm not an expert, but the games you have are from the era before every dev except the crazy japanese ones abandoned the Vita. Anyone in the market for a Vita nowadays more than likely wants it for the niche games, not the games you have. That doesn't mean you can't sell them, but it may take a while and you may have to sacrifice profits for convenience. Don't forget about Gamestop, it's an easy way to get guaranteed money fast, and you can use the store credit for a steam card or something.

I'm not an expert, but the games you have are from the era before every dev except the crazy japanese ones abandoned the Vita. Anyone in the market for a Vita nowadays more than likely wants it for the niche games, not the games you have. That doesn't mean you can't sell them, but it may take a while and you may have to sacrifice profits for convenience. Don't forget about Gamestop, it's an easy way to get guaranteed money fast, and you can use the store credit for a steam card or something.

I think I'll keep it... I Enjoy unit 13... and not even that some of the games today are worth getting...

I think I'll keep it... I Enjoy unit 13... and not even that some of the games today are worth getting...

You could always use it to play the PS1 games on PSN, that's mainly what I use mine for when I'm not playing an actual Vita game.

I would keep it, there are still some awesome games for it, and if you have psplus you still get tons of free stuff :D

Uncharted on it is amazing btw and great for PSP games and PS1 games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've kept mine just for PSone classics. It's worth it if you're an old school gamer.

I would keep it, there are still some awesome games for it, and if you have psplus you still get tons of free stuff :D

Uncharted on it is amazing btw and great for PSP games and PS1 games

I've kept mine just for PSone classics. It's worth it if you're an old school gamer.

Im keeping it, and I even made a cool little lego stand for the vita, a dualshock 4 and a dualshock 3. I did it for my PC cuz I would usually have like controllers dangling around, and now I just made a stand for it!

well keep it if you like japanese games as mostly the games are jap  , other then that use it for remote play for ps4

lives on

BAKABT