Netgear Nighthawk R7000 not allowing internet access

A while ago I bought a Netgear R7000 to replace my default Virgin superhub (I'm on a virgin connection) For the first week or so of using it it worked fine and it benefited the entire network considerably however after a week or so it suddenly stopped working completely and i couldn't connect to the internet with it at all. I had to send it back and use the virgin router as a router again. As before it was just in modem mode along with the nighthawk as the router.It's a shame because I'd like to buy the R7000 again but I want to be sure it will actually work. Any suggestions? I can't really remember too much because it was ages ago. But I can't stand this default super hub any longer. 

A while ago I bought a Netgear R7000 to replace my default Virgin superhub (I'm on a virgin connection) For the first week or so of using it it worked fine and it benefited the entire network considerably however after a week or so it suddenly stopped working completely and i couldn't connect to the internet with it at all. I had to send it back and use the virgin router as a router again. As before it was just in modem mode along with the nighthawk as the router.It's a shame because I'd like to buy the R7000 again but I want to be sure it will actually work. Any suggestions? I can't really remember too much because it was ages ago. But I can't stand this default super hub any longer. 

Just get another, has it got good ventilation/was it overheating?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Just get another, has it got good ventilation/was it overheating?

Don't think so, it just wouldn't even connect at all.

Don't think so, it just wouldn't even connect at all.

A build up of heat could break something over time. I would get it again, the product itself is good. Could just be a faulty one? 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

A build up of heat could break something over time. I would get it again, the product itself is good. Could just be a faulty one? 

It was working fine physically, it just refused to connect. I don't think it was faulty. 

It was working fine physically, it just refused to connect. I don't think it was faulty. 

Could the router not connect to the internet or you? Where you just using wireless?

• 2 weeks later...

Could the router not connect to the internet or you? Where you just using wireless?

To be honest I can't really remember it was ages ago. All I remember was that it worked fine for a few days then suddenly it just wouldn't connect to my LAN, not sure about wireless.