Information for Aspiring Newbies

Help!  I'm just getting into building my own and I'm stressing out abut whether or not my parts preform well together and if there are any significant bottlenecks.

My parts so far:

Motherboard:                  ASUS Z97 pro gamer                                                                         $160

CPU:                                 Intel Core i5-5675C                                                                             $277

Graphics Card:               MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G GeForce                                                   $350

RAM:                                Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2X8GB)                                  $160

SSD:                                  Samsung 850 pro 512GB 2.5-inch                                                  $258

Hard Drive:                      WD Green 2TB                                                                                     $74

Case:                                Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming                 $65

(I know it's not a complete list.  Help on choosing the rest of the parts would be appreciated.) 

I'm trying to keep it around or under $1,500.

Thanks,

-Stoiseblas

Help!  I'm just getting into building my own and I'm stressing out abut whether or not my parts preform well together and if there are any significant bottlenecks.

My parts so far:

Motherboard:                  ASUS Z97 pro gamer                                                                         $160

CPU:                                 Intel Core i5-5675C                                                                             $277

Graphics Card:               MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G GeForce                                                   $350

RAM:                                Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2X8GB)                                  $160

SSD:                                  Samsung 850 pro 512GB 2.5-inch                                                  $258

Hard Drive:                      WD Green 2TB                                                                                     $74

Case:                                Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming                 $65

(I know it's not a complete list.  Help on choosing the rest of the parts would be appreciated.) 

Thanks,

-Stoiseblas

Nope. Nothing not a single bottleneck mate you are good :D

But you could save more money by getting some cheaper brand of RAM. Most RAM brands are good. Try some ballistic or patriot ram to save roughly 60 to 40$

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Are you using it for gaming? 

I'd recommend this if you are. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1492.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-07 02:29 EDT-0400

Alot of space. That 512gb SSD is going to be nice.

My parts so far:

Thanks,

-Stoiseblas

It's lookin pretty solid mate, BUT I seriously DO NOT recommend a WD Green. They are not very fast, and aren't great for games (they actually bottleneck your system depending on the game) 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.89 @ OutletPC) 

This is the best thing you can do with your money. I'd give other cases a try if you'd like though, the R4 isnt for everyone.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

God I love how quick people are to help on here!  Shame I didn't discover this site sooner!  I'll do some research on all this in the morning then I'll get back to you guys asap.

That was fast!  Yea mostly gaming, but I also want to have a decent computer for different projects I might get interested in in the future such as some low-level video editing and maybe (not very likely) some coding (ya never know, and I don't plan on doing any major upgrades).  But anyways, thanks!  It's gonna take me a little to look through all this but I'll let you know if I have any comments/questions when I'm done.  But one thing I know I'm going to ask out of lack-of-knowledge based curiosity is:  Why do you recommend that motherboard and that cpu instead of the ones I listed?

It's lookin pretty solid mate, BUT I seriously DO NOT recommend a WD Green. They are not very fast, and aren't great for games (they actually bottleneck your system depending on the game) 

Thanks for letting me know, I made that decision based on my dad's advice which is probably more geared towards non-gaming computers.  Any recommendations for gaming drives? 

Thanks for letting me know, I made that decision based on my dad's advice which is probably more geared towards non-gaming computers.  Any recommendations for gaming drives? 

Well I think the best non overly priced HDD would be the WD black. It's fast, makes my old seagate look like it's standing still. It comes in good sizes and prices.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

Well I think the best non overly priced HDD would be the WD black. It's fast, makes my old seagate look like it's standing still. It comes in good sizes and prices.

With that in mind, I was originally going for a 2TB model of some sort, but how bad would it be if I went with a 1TB to save money?  How valuable is large amounts of hard drive storage space on a gaming rig if I'm using an SSD for my boot drive and the hard drive for my data stoorage?  (I'm now questioning everything my dad has taught me, sorry if that leads to a lot of dumb questions)

With that in mind, I was originally going for a 2TB model of some sort, but how bad would it be if I went with a 1TB to save money? How valuable is large amounts of hard drive storage space on a gaming rig if I'm using an SSD for my boot drive and the hard drive for my data stoorage? (I'm now questioning everything my dad has taught me, sorry if that leads to a lot of dumb questions)

well to put it in perspective, my everything is on a single 1tb wd black, and as a hardcore gamer/music lover I've surprisingly only used 300gb. That includes my steam, OS, music, tons of indie games, origin, etc.