Help with Upnp over two router

So currently I have a crappy router/modem in the garage that links directly to a D-link dir 868L in the study in the center of the house. The dlink gives the wifi for the house and connects a PC which is used as a media PC/home computer. Coming off the crappy router I have a raspberry pi running xbmc. What I would like is to be able to get the raspberry pi to connect to the media PC using Upnp but it currently will only work with both the media PC and raspberry pi on the same router is there anyway the upnp could be port fowarded or the like for this to work. 

Network diagram

ADSL

|

|

Crappy rounter/modem---------Raspberry Pi, Switch  

|                                                                     |                      

|                                                                     |

DLink dir 868L---------WIFI devices                Other wired devices(TV's)

|

|

Media PC

Thanks for any help

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

You need to go into the settings for your "Crappy Router/Modem" and find the setting for bridge mode, than connect everything to the DLink it's no use to have things connected seperately like that. I think you should have it setup like the following:

Incoming Connection (ADSL) --> Crappy router / modem set to bridge mode --> DLink DIR-868L --> Wifi Devices, Media PC, Other Wired Devices, Raspberry Pi + Switch

Also what ISP do you have and does your Crappy Router / Modem run propietary firmware? If you can't find the bridge mode setting try contacting your ISP and asking them to enable that for you.

In order for this to work you need to have everything running off of ONE router / modem. Hope this works for you, this is my personal experience with Upnp and Windows Server 2012's web interface needing to work.

EDIT:

Forgot to add, if your DIR-868L doesn't have enough Ethernet ports, invest in a nice switch or try running most things off of the existing switch you detailed in your diagram.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

the issue is the raspberry pi must be connected to the crappy router due to the way the house is wired

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

You could run the Dlink as an AP instead of as a router, if you can accept the crappy router doing your DHCP and DNS. Then all your devices would be on a single network.

As for forwarding UPnP, I believe you can forward the discovery packets with the right configuration, but I wouldn't expect that to be something you can do from the interface of either router. And that wouldn't help the devices actually connect to each other once they discover each other either.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: