What External Drive should I get?

Specifications:

Motherboard- Asus Z97C

RAM- Corsair 8GB*2 DDR3 vengeance 1866Mhz

PSU- Corsair RM450

Monitor- Samsung 21" LCD (I know, I need an upgrade on that)

SSD- Kingston 120GB

HDD- WD 320GB Green

Chasis- Corsair 760T Black Edition

GPU- Nvidia GTX 970 4GB Strix Edition

Cooling- Corsair H110

Was Wondering if you guys/girls could help me out decide which external HDD to get. It must be 2TB+ and I don't really know any respectable companies when it comes to comparing external HDD's and not internal ones. I would really appreciate if you guys could suggest me something at it. which is not too much pricy but has good performance, not too old-ish and good durability for long years, maybe scratch resistant if possible but im not too picky about that. So, yeah let me know. I love you guys a ton. :))

Seagate has a lot of value external HDDs. But if you had money to spend and put in for a more top-of-the-line HDD, you may want to look into LaCie.

Hi there @kyo09munichfc!

Are you looking for a portable or desktop external drive?

For a portable external drive I can recommend WD Elements and WD My Passport Ultra. They both are very good and reliable drives, and the only difference between them is that the second one is hardware encrypted and password protected while the first one is not. As for the maximum capacity, WD Elements comes with maximum available storage space of 2TB while WD My Passport is up to 3TB. Here's a link you if want to take a look:

On the other hand, in case you're after a desktop external drives you can take a look at WD My Book which is also hardware encrypted and password protected and comes with backup program SmartWare Pro 3.0 that you can use for automatic backup. As for the storage space available, it's up to 6TB. You can check it out here:

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Cheers! :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/

Hi there @kyo09munichfc!

For a portable external drive I can recommend WD Elements and WD My Passport Ultra. They both are very good and reliable drives, and the only difference between them is that the second one is hardware encrypted and password protected while the first one is not. As for the maximum capacity, WD Elements comes with maximum available storage space of 2TB while WD My Passport is up to 3TB. Here's a link you if want to take a look:

On the other hand, in case you're after a desktop external drives you can take a look at WD My Book which is also hardware encrypted and password protected and comes with backup program SmartWare Pro 3.0 that you can use for automatic backup. As for the storage space available, it's up to 6TB. You can check it out here:

I would also definitely recommend Western Digital drives, have been using them for years without a single issue

*noobs around*

Hi there @kyo09munichfc!

I would also definitely recommend Western Digital drives, have been using them for years without a single issue

Excellent. all your points are excellent. I'm looking for something that I'd use with my desktop. its not exactly for a backup system but to copy paste my extra files like movies and games and documents and keep it safe in the external HDD,and sometimes copy them back to my desktop/laptop and view/access those files, or just access them right from the drive itself, password protection not really needed. as i'll keep it with me all the time. and lets see. if you could suggest me anything WD or Seagate related that's in the medium cost and also very reliable and doesn't crash or cause problems later on, as per say and needs formatting always.

Thanks and Cheers for the wonderful comments. :))

Excellent. all your points are excellent. I'm looking for something that I'd use with my desktop. its not exactly for a backup system but to copy paste my extra files like movies and games and documents and keep it safe in the external HDD,and sometimes copy them back to my desktop/laptop and view/access those files, or just access them right from the drive itself, password protection not really needed. as i'll keep it with me all the time. and lets see. if you could suggest me anything WD or Seagate related that's in the medium cost and also very reliable and doesn't crash or cause problems later on, as per say and needs formatting always.

Thanks and Cheers for the wonderful comments. :))

Awesome! I am, using the same type of backup process. ;)

Are you looking at a 2.5" (one with only a USB connector, small and slim) or a 3.5" (with a USB connector and external power plug, usually quite bulky)

The 3.5" ones are usually less expensive than the 2.5" versions.

*noobs around*

Awesome! I am, using the same type of backup process. ;)

Are you looking at a 2.5" (one with only a USB connector, small and slim) or a 3.5" (with a USB connector and external power plug, usually quite bulky)

The 3.5" ones are usually less expensive than the 2.5" versions.

Maybe 2.5 inch ones sounds nicer. Which ones are the most durable and better? and won't require reformatting all of a sudden ahha.