CM 12.1 LG G3 Verizon Issue

So I flashed CM 12.1 a few months ago and everything has been working fine, great battery life and a faster phone overall are just some of the perks. However over the past few weeks I have been unable to update it using the nightlies. Everytime I try to update it, there is an error message that reads:

Comparing BASEBAND version MPS. DI.2.0.1.c1..... to MPSS DI.2.0.1.c1.13-00007-M8974AAAAANPZM-1_mpss_ecmdr_20140514_015817/b/modem_proc/utils/osysrtxsrc/rtxMemHeapAlloc.c 

assert failed: G3.verify baseband

E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cmupdater/cm12.1(insert build version here)

I don't know why this is happening or remotely how to fix it. I really need help. Thanks!

I think you can try to install the stock ROM, update it to the latest stock ROM, modem, baseband etc., then install CM12.1 again.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Try updating your recovery. If you're using an older recovery, that may be the issue. 

You should also do a clean wipe and install of CM. In your recovery backup system, data, and boot and then wipe your phone (2 or 3 times for good measure) and then freshly flash the CM ROM plus the Gapps. 

If either of the above options didn't help, try flashing a slightly older or the latest CM ROM, and if that still doesn't work, switch ROMs. BlissPop is fairly good, and SlimROMs finally has a Lollipop ROM for the Verizon G3. 

If it helps at all, I have the same exact phone (Verizon version too) and I root and ROM my phone as well. I also use CM. I've never had any issues flashing CM on this phone before, so I'm not sure why you're having issues. 

COMIC SANS

Try updating your recovery. If you're using an older recovery, that may be the issue. 

You should also do a clean wipe and install of CM. In your recovery backup system, data, and boot and then wipe your phone (2 or 3 times for good measure) and then freshly flash the CM ROM plus the Gapps. 

If either of the above options didn't help, try flashing a slightly older or the latest CM ROM, and if that still doesn't work, switch ROMs. BlissPop is fairly good, and SlimROMs finally has a Lollipop ROM for the Verizon G3. 

If it helps at all, I have the same exact phone (Verizon version too) and I root and ROM my phone as well. I also use CM. I've never had any issues flashing CM on this phone before, so I'm not sure why you're having issues.

I'm not sure how to update TWRP recovery, I have never had to update it before. I did a wipe of everything twice and was able to install the version of CM 12.1 from the 31st of May. However when trying to update it to any newer version I get the same error message.

Try using an app called Rashr to update TWRP.

Flash over the old version of TWRP.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

So I was able to get root access and allow twrp to check for updates, it seems that I am already running the latest version of TWRP. However I still cannot flash a new ever version of CM 12.1.

So I was able to get root access and allow twrp to check for updates, it seems that I am already running the latest version of TWRP. However I still cannot flash a new ever version of CM 12.1.

Try my method, it may work.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Try my method, it may work.

How would i go back to the stock ROM?

How would i go back to the stock ROM?

Not sure about LG phones, but on Samsung phones, I would first download the ROM which comes in a .tar.md5 extension. Then I reboot the phone into download mode and flash the firmware through ODIN, and once it's done, the phone is on stock ROM with all the stock features. And don't forget to wipe the /data partition and all the cache partitions before starting. You gotta google a little for the exact steps for your phone. Once your phone reboots, it should be able to download OTA firmware updates and the phone should update itself.

Not sure about LG phones, but on Samsung phones, I would first download the ROM which comes in a .tar.md5 extension. Then I reboot the phone into download mode and flash the firmware through ODIN, and once it's done, the phone is on stock ROM with all the stock features. And don't forget to wipe the /data partition and all the cache partitions before starting. You gotta google a little for the exact steps for your phone. Once your phone reboots, it should be able to download OTA firmware updates and the phone should update itself.

I'll look into it using my version of the LG G3. Thanks

Okay so the problem seemed to be TWRP. I was on 2.8.7 (the latest one) and that wasn't allowing me to flash anything successfully. After I downgraded to 2.8.6 I was finally able to flash the snapshot from June 26 from Cyanogenmod, I am now just waiting to finish flashing Gapps.

Okay so the problem seemed to be TWRP. I was on 2.8.7 (the latest one) and that wasn't allowing me to flash anything successfully. After I downgraded to 2.8.6 I was finally able to flash the snapshot from June 26 from Cyanogenmod, I am now just waiting to finish flashing Gapps.

Glad you solved your issue.

Glad you solved your issue.

Actually upon a further look that snapshot is just the original lollipop (CM 12) not CM 12.1 like I wanted. But it's fine I guess I can deal with a stable and patched version of the original versus the shaky and difficult newer 12.1.

Downgrading TWRP... Now that's a strange fix... I'm on version 2.8.6.0 as well. I haven't updated yet because lazy. I'll keep this flashing issue in mind though. So looks like we both learned something new today.

Actually upon a further look that snapshot is just the original lollipop (CM 12) not CM 12.1 like I wanted. But it's fine I guess I can deal with a stable and patched version of the original versus the shaky and difficult newer 12.1.

I'm pretty sure the Snapshot you flashed is Android 5.1 based (CM 12.1). CM has been on Android 5.1 for a little while now. 

COMIC SANS

Downgrading TWRP... Now that's a strange fix... I'm on version 2.8.6.0 as well. I haven't updated yet because lazy. I'll keep this flashing issue in mind though. So looks like we both learned something new today.

I'm pretty sure the Snapshot you flashed is Android 5.1 based (CM 12.1). CM has been on Android 5.1 for a little while now. 

Now the so called stable version will not allow me to connect to wifi and Gapps isn't working even though its the correct version. I don't know how to fix this.