shortening psu cables?

Cactu

so i need to shorten my PSU cables because i have a lot if clutter and nowhere to put the access cables. how should i do this?

build  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9R4b6h

Well, if you really wanted to shorten them, you could cut the wires to the length you need then solder them together or something like that, or just cut it down to the right size, get a new connector for it, and re-crimp the ends and put them in the connector. (You'd need to pay very close attention to what wire goes where in the connector, otherwise you could wreck your computer)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

or use in line splices with heatshrink covers  or insulation tape. Be very careful when applying the heat from a heat gun as you can easily burn the plastic sleeving of the cables.

inline splices i believe is much better than solder joints as not many can solder the joint properly and end up with a lumpy mess whereas a inline crimp splice will always have a decent connection and a neat job every time.

or use in line splices with heatshrink covers  or insulation tape. Be very careful when applying the heat from a heat gun as you can easily burn the plastic sleeving of the cables.

inline splices i believe is much better than solder joints as not many can solder the joint properly and end up with a lumpy mess whereas a inline crimp splice will always have a decent connection and a neat job every time.

this looks like it would create a big mess with my 24pin cable

this looks like it would create a big mess with my 24pin cable

Other than cutting and re-crimping new pins to get a nice finished look there isn't an easy way or shortening them without the proper tools.

Other than cutting and re-crimping new pins to get a nice finished look there isn't an easy way or shortening them without the proper tools.

well im fine with crimping to new heads then

well im fine with crimping to new heads then

I don't see a problem as long as you do them one at a time and put them back into place it should go smoothly, alternatively you can get PSU with short cables. 

For shortening here are some of the tools and things you will require (also a wire stripper):

http://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/terminals/

http://mainframecustom.com/shop/cable-sleeving/lc-ratchet-crimper/