Ram Question

So i was on PC part picker designing a computer when a compatibility problem came up with the Ram it said--

The Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum

Is this a big problem can someone shed some light on it

-paired with ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

Don't go ASRock. You can get a so much more reliable board for the same price, with more features

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

Don't go ASRock. You can get a so much more reliable board for the same price, with more features

ok thanks for that since ive never really considered an ASRock board but that doesn't really help

ok thanks for that since ive never really considered an ASRock board but that doesn't really help

Well your Original Post said:

So I assumed you were buying an ASRock board.

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

Fatality is a great board in my opinion,

Haswell limits the memory to 1.5 using their software. So, it runs underclocked when using haswell. But, since you have a unlocked board you could just overclock it back up.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

Fatality is a great board in my opinion,

Haswell limits the memory to 1.5 using their software. So, it runs underclocked when using haswell. But, since you have a unlocked board you could just overclock it back up.

and so Running the ram under clocked will impact performance im guessing

and so Running the ram under clocked will impact performance im guessing

If you are using an IGPU, very much so. But, if you are using a descrete graphics card.. You might see 1-5 fps loss.

Just overclock it back up, it shouldn't hurt the processor. (I would check on this first though. I have never overclocked ram.)

As the toaster said it shouldnt hurt your system at all. You should see it the same way you overclock a cpu, you increase the voltage to match the increase. 1.65 is very light/stable overclocking voltage for rams, some people run it at 1.8+v

That is a standard warning, and you will see it any time you select RAM that runs above the Intel specified limit for Haswell refresh CPUs, it has nothing to do with the particular motherboard, 

If you are using an IGPU, very much so. But, if you are using a descrete graphics card.. You might see 1-5 fps loss.

Just overclock it back up, it shouldn't hurt the processor. (I would check on this first though. I have never overclocked ram.)

An IGPU? im unfamiliar with that term

So i was on PC part picker designing a computer when a compatibility problem came up with the Ram it said--

The Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum

-paired with ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional

I would go with ASRock. They are a great company. Are you going to overclock the cpu at all? Also you can overclock the ram to that frequency. I would just go with 1.5V ram unless you are dead set on this ram.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

An IGPU? im unfamiliar with that term

An IGPU is the graphics integrated with your processor.

I would go with ASRock. They are a great company. Are you going to overclock the cpu at all? Also you can overclock the ram to that frequency. I would just go with 1.5V ram unless you are dead set on this ram.

i cant really say but this post branches off of my other post 

Video Editing/Recording/Gaming Rig Design

1.65 V memory is an older kit for use with older platforms. I don't think the Haswell memory controller is compatible, and if it is, running your memory at 1.65 V may harm it's lifespan. Just find a 1.5 V kit instead, they're quite plentiful these days.

Running your memory underclocked probably wouldn't affect performance for a gaming machine, but it would still be silly to do that. You'd need to do a lot of testing to verify your underclock is stable at 1.5 V, and there's no guarantee what clock speed you'd end up with. Just get the proper hardware to begin with.