ASRock X99 Extreme4

I despise ASRock personally. Spend like £10 more and get a more reliable and durable motherboard from Asus or Gigabyte. At a glance, the Gigabyte X99-UD4 seems like a much better option.

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

If your going to make a x99 build you shouldn't cheap out on bad components.

Asrock is not focused on quality, this thing won't even support 3 way SLI even if you have a cpu with 28 PCI lanes. Personally if a manufacture won't do the research and development to design a board that will take advantage of the number of PCI lanes on the CPU's designed to work with the board, it goes to show the lack of development on making it a quality board in all aspects so don't go for it.

I despise ASRock personally. Spend like £10 more and get a more reliable and durable motherboard from Asus or Gigabyte. At a glance, the Gigabyte X99-UD4 seems like a much better option.

And I never had anything but issues with Gigabyte, both personally and in a pc repair shop.. Personal experiences do not count as the sample size is too small..

Hi there.

I would like to get peoples opinion on if this x99 motherboard is good quality and reliable as I plan to put it in my build.

Motherboard:http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-x99extreme4

If your looking for failure rates then you need to trawl the big retailers and see what issues people have, if your looking for performance, then you need to read reviews..

If you looking for how good their customer service is then you need tocheck how active they are in the communities (eg, OCZ has a bad rap for early SSD failures.. but they are one of the few I see in newegg trying to help anyone with issues)

P.S, follow  your own topics to see notifications for them.

If your going to make a x99 build you shouldn't cheap out on bad components.

Asrock is not focused on quality, this thing won't even support 3 way SLI even if you have a cpu with 28 PCI lanes. Personally if a manufacture won't do the research and development to design a board that will take advantage of the number of PCI lanes on the CPU's designed to work with the board, it goes to show the lack of development on making it a quality board in all aspects so don't go for it.

Where did you read that, cos the specs I'm reading say 3 way sli support..

Realistically these days as long as the components being put on the board are a decent quality and the PCB isn't trash, there is very little to seperate one board from another.. gone are the days of 3rd party chipsets and hugely varying performance and absolute rubbish caps / VRM / chokes.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Where did you read that, cos the specs I'm reading say 3 way sli support..

Realistically these days as long as the components being put on the board are a decent quality and the PCB isn't trash, there is very little to seperate one board from another.. gone are the days of 3rd party chipsets and hugely varying performance and absolute rubbish caps / VRM / chokes.

It will only support 3 way SLI of you have a 5930K and 5960X, even thought a 5820K has more than enough lanes.

It will only support 3 way SLI of you have a 5930K and 5960X, even thought a 5820K has more than enough lanes.

Ahh, I see why, It always runs the primary PCI-E slot in x16 and you HAVE to have at least x8 to run SLI.. therefore you need the extra lanes

Some will see that as an issue, some as a feature (though they really should have made it configurable in the bios)

If you install CPU with 28 lanes, PCIE1/PCIE3/PCIE5 will run at x16/x8/x4

Still don't see the problem, unless of course you want 3 way SLI wasting your money cause of the terrible scaling anyway.. It'll take a workstation card though and thats a better use.. Or an Intel 750..

Ahh, I see why, It always runs the primary PCI-E slot in x16 and you HAVE to have at least x8 to run SLI.. therefore you need the extra lanes

Some will see that as an issue, some as a feature (though they really should have made it configurable in the bios)

If you install CPU with 28 lanes, PCIE1/PCIE3/PCIE5 will run at x16/x8/x4

Still don't see the problem, unless of course you want 3 way SLI wasting your money cause of the terrible scaling anyway.. It'll take a workstation card though and thats a better use.. Or an Intel 750..

I just see it as a thing they didn't bother to research into and just goes to show what else they might have not done there research on witch may impact quality.

I just see it as a thing they didn't bother to research into and just goes to show what else they might have not done there research on witch may impact quality.

Considering most x99 boards are for workstations and not gaming.. I see it as a total non issue. and would be willing to bet they thought the same.. And anyone going 3 or 4 way SLI would have the moolah to go for a bigger chip. Otherwise whats the point in 3x or 4xSLI.. it's just showing off TBH, 

well exaly.

Asrock X99 boards aims to be the most trouble free X99 boards of all brands just saying.

Asrock has realy opt their game with their X99 lineup from boards.

Their quality is decent.

people who claim that Asrock X99 boards are bad quality, have obviously no clue what they talk about. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CXb6J4fZ50

Bryan from Techyes did a review about the Msi X99S Sli plus that crapped out on him.

And he is definitely not the only one who has had tons of issues with that particular Msi board.

It could of course be an occasional issue but still

You may like to read through this thread.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1511496/official-msi-x99s-motherboard-owners-club

i personaly prefer Asus or Asrock, wenn it comes to X99 boards.