Best headphone/set for USD 160

hydroxide

i'm looking for the best headset/headphones for USD 160.

i want them to

1. be comfortable (i have big heads)

2. have a nice soundstage

3. have OK sound isolation

4. i will be using them for gaming,  music, and movies

5. i'll also listen to dubstep and songs where great bass, treble, and mids are important

6. mic isnt necessary

7. OVER THE EAR :D

right now, ive been looking at the steelseries 9H and the sennheiser HD 518.

From Mr Tech Tip Him Self. Hyper Cloud X 

Sennheiser 558/598

Kingston HyperX Cloud 2

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Sennheiser 558/598

Are open design and OP wants good isolation.

Number 1 thing I will suggest is to try (if you can) before you buy.. What one person finds comfortable or how they hear something is totally subjective and even depends (on the sound side) what they are playing, the source file and even the device..

Try before you buy!!

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I use the Superlux HD 681 EVO. Really cheap, really nice soundstage, bass is pretty nice with the volume turned up, but other sound still sound clear. Sound isolation isn't too great, but you can't really have headphones at that price with a great soundstage and good isolation. They are semi-open, which means they leak less sound than the Sennheiser HD 518/558/598 (which are full open). It's also comfortable, it has a headband that adjusts to your head, and comes with velour earpads, so no more sweaty ears.

With the money you save you can buy a really nice mic, and/or sound isolating headphones.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

If you don't need the mic, go for the takstar pro 80, which is the same headphone ... without the mic.

a mic is not necessary.

is the hd 518's earcushions comfortable?

a mic is not necessary.

is the hd 518's earcushions comfortable?

People with large heads find Sennheisers uncomfortable due to clamping pressure, but for everyone else they're great.

People with large heads find Sennheisers uncomfortable due to clamping pressure, but for everyone else they're great.

i'm getting more confused of what 2 pick now xP

i guess that imma go and... actually test these headphones (theres a pc fair in more 2 weeks)

thanks guys :D

the K553 from AKG are supposed to be great, but they are headphone only and hard to get....they were on massdrop for a long time

the K553 from AKG are supposed to be great, but they are headphone only and hard to get....they were on massdrop for a long time

the k553s seems great but they arent available on my country :(

anyways, ive been looking at the ATH M40X. are they good for gaming? is the soubdstage... atleast "medium" ?

I can vouch for the Sennheiser HD598.

Absolutely love them. Sound, comfortablity and price wise.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice