Noctua fans odd humming noise at 1000 rpm+

CAC1291
I bought a couple Noctua NF-F12s earlier this week to replace the standard corsair fans that come with my H100i. at the same speeds I had the corsair fans at, they did a better job cooling. I lowered the custom curve to 900 RPM until the CPU hits 50C, then ramping up to 1250 RPM.

The first day I didn't notice any odd noises, but since then, whenever gaming, I've heard a high-pitched... humming? Whenever the NF-F12s really spin up. It's quite annoying. At first I thought I might have installed them oddly, thinking the noise was coming from vibrations, but even after taking them off the radiator and screwing them back on, I have the same issue. I'm guessing that means they're just actually loud at that RPM.

Is this normal? Or am I expecting too much from these fans?

If so, I need fans that can run at roughly 1200-1300 RPM (or else the cooling gains from installing new fans are erased) while not making a tremendous amount of noise. Any good suggestions? I've heard silverstone and Be quiet! make good silent fans, but don't know which models to buy.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

You can't expect complete silence when the fan hits 1250rpm. I also recently going from Corsair SP120 to NF-F12. What I notice is Noctua fan produces a lower pitch than Corsair fan, while gives better cooling(2*C) at the same speed and noise level, in my case. I run them 850rpm at idle and reach 1250rpm max under load, similar to your setting. 

For me the Noctua fan's sound profile is less annoying, although I won't call them more quiet compares to Corsair at the rpm range I use.

Are you using the rubber screws?

No, actually. I don't think they'll fit into the holes for the radiator, but I'll give that a try when I open the case tomorrow to install a new video card. 

You can't expect complete silence when the fan hits 1250rpm. I also recently going from Corsair SP120 to NF-F12. What I notice is Noctua fan produces a lower pitch than Corsair fan, while gives better cooling(2*C) at the same speed and noise level, in my case. I run them 850rpm at idle and reach 1250rpm max under load, similar to your setting. 

For me the Noctua fan's sound profile is less annoying, although I won't call them more quiet compares to Corsair at the rpm range I use.

The thing is I hear that buzzing even when they're down to 1000 rpm, like right now, when all I've got open is Chrome. 

The thing is I hear that buzzing even when they're down to 1000 rpm, like right now, when all I've got open is Chrome. 

It could be you get a fan with bad motor. Mine are really quiet at 850-900rpm. Can't hear any noise even at midnight(so quiet I can hear my own breathing).

Are you sure it's the NF-F12's?

Also, NF-F12's aren't quiet at higher rpm's. The point of getting Noctuas is that they have a pleasant sound signature and still perform well at low rpm's. I don't see the need for running them at such high speeds unless your temps are too high.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.