What's best for me?

Go to solution Solved by JanisPhenex,

I'm currently in the business of working out what parts I want in my new GAMING PC.

I of course don't have an bottomless pit of money, put i'm willing to spend as much as I need to to make the best gaming PC.

I understand a good amount on computers,but I have some queries, and I feel that someone here might be able help to point me in the right direction.

I want to play games like GTA V in 4k. I have an extremely good 4k Asus monitor to play the games on, but I don't have the PC to play the games. To play games at amazing FPS at 4k I of course need a good graphics card, but which one? I was thinking maybe a GTX Titan X or an Amd r9 295x2, but the best solution I am unsure on. I don't mind having more than one graphics card, but whats best. I'm planning on playing mostly FPS like Call of Duty and Battlefield, but also games like GTA V and Farcry 4. What GPU is best for me?

Would having more than one CPU make my gaming experience particularly better?

I was thinking about using a motherboard like the Asus Z10PE-D8 WS, if I WAS to have more than one CPU. But would having more than one CPU make my gaming experience better? I don't plan to do much other than gaming on this PC, other than the odd piece of coursework.

Also, would two i7 4790ks work together if I was to have more than one CPU?

Any help most appreciated :)  :)  

First, you won´t need two 4790K. 

Second choose a new Motherboary, because yours has the wrond socket. Take a asus Z97 deluxe for example. 

The choice between a 295X2 and Titan x is tough. If you only care about performance and not about power and heat, go with the 295X2. 

Also 16 GB of RAM still are enough for gaming. So i think with a 4790K 16 GB Ram and a 295X2, you will be good. If you like Nvidia features, take the Titan X. 

But : If you want to go Ultra with everything, you might have to get 2 Titan X. This is maybe a bit shocking, but still 4K is a beast of resolution at this time.

I'm currently in the business of working out what parts I want in my new GAMING PC.

I of course don't have an bottomless pit of money, put i'm willing to spend as much as I need to to make the best gaming PC.

I understand a good amount on computers,but I have some queries, and I feel that someone here might be able help to point me in the right direction.

I want to play games like GTA V in 4k. I have an extremely good 4k Asus monitor to play the games on, but I don't have the PC to play the games. To play games at amazing FPS at 4k I of course need a good graphics card, but which one? I was thinking maybe a GTX Titan X or an Amd r9 295x2, but the best solution I am unsure on. I don't mind having more than one graphics card, but whats best. I'm planning on playing mostly FPS like Call of Duty and Battlefield, but also games like GTA V and Farcry 4. What GPU is best for me?

I was thinking about using a motherboard like the Asus Z10PE-D8 WS, if I WAS to have more than one CPU. But would having more than one CPU make my gaming experience better? I don't plan to do much other than gaming on this PC, other than the odd piece of coursework.

A. You can't put 4790K's in that motherboard. The board has a 2011-v3 socket, while the 4790k likes to sit in a 1150 socket.

B. for gaming, you do not even remotely need a dual cpu motherboard/setup

C. Gta V @ medium settings 4k would need a Titan X :/

R9 295X2 not adviced since it's already a dual gpu card and it goes on par with Titan X at this moment (single gpu)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

A Titan X might cover you for medium 4k gaming, 2 in SLI might get you to high.

There's not many games that utilise 2 CPU's, there's not really much point (also the fact the Asus board is socket 2011). A 4790k should be good on socket 1150 gaming motherboard from either Gigabyte or Asus (only two companies I recommend for mobos). If you're doing gaming, get a gaming motherboard, not an enterprise one that's designed to be left on 24/7

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

A. You can't put 4790K's in that motherboard. The board has a 2011-v3 socket, while the 4790k likes to sit in a 1150 socket.

B. for gaming, you do not even remotely need a dual cpu motherboard/setup

C. Gta V @ medium settings 4k would need a Titan X :/

R9 295X2 not adviced since it's already a dual gpu card and it goes on par with Titan X at this moment (single gpu)

more like 3 titan X's

Not having a botomless pit of money and wanting to play 4k oxymoron :P maybe wait for new AMD line and 980ti? It might be worth it

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

First, you won´t need two 4790K. 

Second choose a new Motherboary, because yours has the wrond socket. Take a asus Z97 deluxe for example. 

The choice between a 295X2 and Titan x is tough. If you only care about performance and not about power and heat, go with the 295X2. 

Also 16 GB of RAM still are enough for gaming. So i think with a 4790K 16 GB Ram and a 295X2, you will be good. If you like Nvidia features, take the Titan X. 

But : If you want to go Ultra with everything, you might have to get 2 Titan X. This is maybe a bit shocking, but still 4K is a beast of resolution at this time.