Is it working?

Hello,

I just started folding@home today, and I think I have everything set up correctly but it says that I have 0 points. will I have to wait for either the CPU task or the GPU task to complete before I (and more importantly LinusTechTips ;) ) get the points? Is it even working?

SS: http://gyazo.com/3a827eb0e7ac74c4399e5ca5a7781467

Thanks!

Yes, you need it to complete, send and verify to get the points.

Sig under construction.

How do you do that? I'm going to have several machines dedicated to F@H soon, so I want to make sure I'll be getting the points on the forum.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Ok. Thanks for a quick reply :)

How do you do that? I'm going to have several machines dedicated to F@H soon, so I want to make sure I'll be getting the points on the forum.

All you need to do is have the program running, and have a connection to the internet so that you can send and receive Work Units (WU's).

Everything else is pretty much handled by the F@H client.

All you need to do is have the program running, and have a connection to the internet so that you can send and receive Work Units (WU's).

Everything else is pretty much handled by the F@H client.

I know how to set up and run F@H, what I mean is, how do you make sure you get the credit on the forum? Do I just have to use my forum screen name and then the Mods can just check on the roster?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I know how to set up and run F@H, what I mean is, how do you make sure you get the credit on the forum? Do I just have to use my forum screen name and then the Mods can just check on the roster?

In order to get the Folding badges, you need to contact one of the moderators on the forum. With links to your folding stats. (I suggest using http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/)

In order to be rewarded with the Folding @ Home badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

·         Contributor - When you have contributed more than 21 Work Units (WU), you will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team.
·         Bronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
·         Silver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, you will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
·         Gold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, you will qualify for this badge.. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend!
That's it. Once you hit one of the milestones, PM your Folding ID to one of the moderators who will update it in due time.

You need to set it up to fold for team 223 518(LinusTechTips)

Thanks for showing me this, had no idea it existed, downloading right now! But I have a question, how much does it take from you CPU/GPU? I mean can I play games (GTA V for example) while having this running? Or can I stream while having it on? 

Or do I have to pause it every time I'm going to do something like playing or streaming?

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Thanks for showing me this, had no idea it existed, downloading right now! But I have a question, how much does it take from you CPU/GPU? I mean can I play games (GTA V for example) while having this running? Or can I stream while having it on? 

Or do I have to pause it every time I'm going to do something like playing or streaming?

You can set it so that it only works while your computer is in idle. Performance in games, etc. becomes highly limited. Since both the CPU and GPU is working at near 100%.

Hello,

I just started folding@home today, and I think I have everything set up correctly but it says that I have 0 points. will I have to wait for either the CPU task or the GPU task to complete before I (and more importantly LinusTechTips ;) ) get the points? Is it even working?

SS: http://gyazo.com/3a827eb0e7ac74c4399e5ca5a7781467

Thanks!

yu steal my prof pic

xD

when you are folding, u will need to finish the 100% mark, before closing.