The Witcher 3 SLI issues

AStateOfTrance

I might aswell turn the settings down to low at that point.

Wow. I am running a single 980 (EVGA FTW though, so it's a solid 980) and have Witcher 3 on ultra everything with the hair stuff and get a solid 50fps. Might as well run on low? hell no

I heard for this game, a 960 will blow a 780 out of the water. They did it on purpose to promote the 900 series

Only with Hairworks enabled.

Signed up to post this in thread. I have a GTX 770 SLI setup and am getting lower FPS in SLI mode than I am in Single GPU mode. Running the game at 1920x1080 with everything on High and HairWorks turned completely off, fullscreen, and getting ~35 fps with SLI and ~45 fps without it.

CPU is an FX-8350 @ 4.4 GHz. I did a clean reinstall of the latest GeForce drivers as well.

With Single GPU the GPU runs at 99%, in SLI mode both cards run between 50 and 60% according to Afterburner.

This is the sort of thing I'd expect from a driver issue, but you already tried a clean install.

Are you absopositivelylutely sure it's in full screen? I've had issues with the game resetting to borderless on me.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Only with Hairworks enabled.

This is the sort of thing I'd expect from a driver issue, but you already tried a clean install.

Are you absopositivelylutely sure it's in full screen? I've had issues with the game resetting to borderless on me.

Definitely fullscreen. Just finished playing it for a couple hours in Single GPU mode.

Tested some other games and they would run both cards at 99% in SLI with excellent scaling. Problem is Witcher 3 only.

Definitely fullscreen. Just finished playing it for a couple hours in Single GPU mode.

Tested some other games and they would run both cards at 99% in SLI with excellent scaling. Problem is Witcher 3 only.

So this may seem odd but this actually resolved some errors I was getting. Setting all ingame settings to their lowest and then back to ultra fixed some weird flickering I was getting.

I also moved all the Cuda effects on to my second card.

It is possible the game could be bottlenecking. Do you have v sync disabled?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The fullsscreen setting will boost performace by 30fps, at least it did with me.  I was running in the 40's and 50's then went back in to set it to fullscreen and now I am at mid 60's to 80.