Logitech (G402) failed me, what should I do?

TwOne

So, I have used a lot of Logitech mice in the past. From OEM models, to gaming models, and never had issues, UNTIL last year.

I bought a Logitech M500 Laser mouse. After less than 3 months it started having tracking issues, and the cable started having issues (I would keep hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound).

I traded it in at my local store and got a Logitech G402 (higher-end is better right?). Well, after a few months this started having issues as well. The cable would keep getting tangled, and you couldn't get it straight again, and recently, it started doing the USB connect/disconnect sound repeatedly as well! I tested it on two machines, multiple USB ports, and they all had the same problem. Now, that is not all of it. When I went to try it on the second machine, I could IN NO WAY get the Logitech Gaming Software to work properly, which is required to use the mouse as a tracking device (and not a paperweight). I tried Logitech's own fixes, reconnecting, restarting, re-installing, but it still said that 'No compatible devices were connected'. This was really odd as I had no issues on Windows 8.1 64-bit, while I used Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit on the second machine.

Now I am at the point to just say, well sorry, I am not buying Logitech mice again. It is still a great and reliable brand in my heart, but my last two mice were a disaster.

So, what should I do? Send a Logitech support form to hope they can do something for me? Or be like F- that and buy a new mouse from a different brand?

If I will buy a new mouse, here are my requirements:

- Size and weight similar to Logitech G402

- Great sensor

- (preferably) braided cable

- Two side buttons or more

- Reliable

- Can be set to 400/800 DPI mode (prefer 400)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Steelseries Rival and or Sensei. 

Get a Rival. My buddy had many problems with the cable of g400. Rival works great and costs not too much.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What should you do? Grab a mallet and smash your PC. Always works  ;)

On a serious note, a SteelSeries sensei  or a Razer Deathadder are pretty good.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

What should you do? Grab a mallet and smash your PC. Always works  ;)

On a serious note, a SteelSeries sensei  or a Razer Deathadder are pretty good.

Rival is better than Sensei sensor wise and it's cheaper. Deathadder is good, if it doesn't break. Pre-2013 Deathadders were reliable, now not so much.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That's a very weird problem you're having... it's weird that two mice in a row would do that, and it's weird that those cables would tangle at all singe my g400s never did anything of the sort in almost a year. I would try to get a replacement, but I think the problem might be related to your motherboard's usb port not acting properly and eventually damaging the mouse. If that's the case, even mice from other brands may incur in the same problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Roccat kone pure optical, i got and really like after trying a few others. support got back to me in 48 hours (the 1st business day.)  i had it for a few months and had zero problems. it seems like it would be slick when your hand start to sweat, this is not the case, the top is almost sticky with wet hands. meets all the requirements you list, as long as it fits your hand, the biggest factor. also got mine on sale, $30 USD. http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Military-Edition-Performance-Gaming/dp/B00KLVN2Z8

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update: 

I contacted Logitech Support, they told me to contact the retailer I bought the mouse at, but the problem is, the support is so slow (it took them more than a month to send me my new mouse last time).

So, I guess I will save up for a mouse that actually works properly with Windows 7, and use a cheap mouse with my Windows 8.1 laptop. I'm planning to do major updates to my Packard Bell in a few months anyway, so getting something like a SteelSeries Rival would be fine.

Also, during summer vacation I will get my laptop checked out, the USB 2.0 port I used recently fell apart and if you touch it the laptop instantly turns off. I can't send it to the retailer right now, because well, they are damn slow, and I NEED it to finish my semester, I got a lot of stuff to do before summer vacation hits school-wise.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

• 5 months later...