Problem filling loop

so I just finished my custom handline loop in a bitfenix prodigy M.

I'm trying to fill the loop but I'm running into issues, I've filled enough of the loop to where I can continuously run the pump but it still needs a lot more coolant and as soon as I turn the pump To fill it up the water

Level in the res comes shooting back to the top and I can't fill anymore?

I think it's due to my design layout using the top of the res as a return and a fill port using a t fitting.

I also can't fill it while it's running as coolant comes gushing out the return/fill port :(

NEED HELP!!

Tilt the case around BUT make sure there is still water going directly to the pump. There is water stuck on the rad/res. Trust me, the rads can hold a LOT of air in them. You need to find a spot somewhere for the air to escape, that's the problem you must overcome. Turn off the system and add a tube to the fill port- you will get some coolant leaks unfortunately.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

so I just finished my custom handline loop in a bitfenix prodigy M.

I'm trying to fill the loop but I'm running into issues, I've filled enough of the loop to where I can continuously run the pump but it still needs a lot more coolant and as soon as I turn the pump To fill it up the water

Level in the res comes shooting back to the top and I can't fill anymore?

I think it's due to my design layout using the top of the res as a return and a fill port using a t fitting.

I also can't fill it while it's running as coolant comes gushing out the return/fill port :(

NEED HELP!!

You have a trapped air pocket vary the speed of the pump if you can and move it around to see if you can dislodge it. most times it's in the rads you can can gingerly crack a bleed port or unused port on the rads to try and get ride of the air sometimes.

Tilt the case around BUT make sure there is still water going directly to the pump. There is water stuck on the rad/res. Trust me, the rads can hold a LOT of air in them. You need to find a spot somewhere for the air to escape, that's the problem you must overcome. Turn off the system and add a tube to the fill port- you will get some coolant leaks unfortunately.

That's the problem I'm having when I turn it off to add more the level in the res comes shooting back up and then it won't let anymore coolant in

That's the problem I'm having when I turn it off to add more the level in the res comes shooting back up and then it won't let anymore coolant in

I hate to be Captain Hindsight but you should have left some air in the res :/ It looks like you need to drain some fluids mate.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Yea, that rad on top of the res will be causing your problems, hmmm, if you could drain the system, take the res out, and flip it over then put it back in your problem would be solved, but i don't know if you can actually do that

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Close off the reservoir and tilt the machine to make all of the air return to the reservoir. There will be air in the res, but it will only be temporary(for the bleeding process). Once all of the air is removed from the system, then it won't try to shoot out of the top(or whatever).

(Off Topic) Just a quick question, what is that piece that you have just to the right of the res, it looks like it has a blade in it? the wide round piece in your pipe?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Umm one thing are you capping the system once you fill the reservoir and turn the pump on. It helps a fair bit if you leave it cracked or open if you can when cycling I find.

(Off Topic) Just a quick question, what is that piece that you have just to the right of the res, it looks like it has a blade in it? the wide round piece in your pipe?

Flow indicators:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16903/ex-tub-1371/Bitspower_G14_Thread_Flow_Sensor_-_Matte_Black_BP-FS-CLBKMBK.html?tl=g30c101s457&id=xf3FcmrC

Hmm interesting... but do you have to plug it into a CPU header? or can you plug it into any pwm header?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Hmm interesting... but do you have to plug it into a CPU header? or can you plug it into any pwm header?

I don't have them plugged in. They are just for visual preference

I don't have them plugged in. They are just for visual preference

Most are visual but Darkside has ones that has a RPM monitor you can plug into a fan header now:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/visual-flow-indicator-with-rpm-sensor-black/