asus z97 maximus vii hero random restart

vakanuva

so i finnaly bought a new motherboard and cpu a 4690k and the asus vii hero but for some reason itll just randombly say no signal on the monitor and restart i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem thx

CPU and memory issues usually result in bluescreens and not instant restarts, which is a whole different area and requires more detailed troubleshooting.

Can you please provide full system specs and, if possible, pictures from inside you case? Those would be mighty helpful

Instant restarts are PSU fault or unstable OC. No video and then restart can be GPU issue or driver issue. Did you do clean install after upgrading your stuff?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

yeah I did a clean install of windows 8.1 that's what it does it says no signal and then restarts. I have all the specs on my profile

yeah I did a clean install of windows 8.1 that's what it does it says no signal and then restarts. I have all the specs on my profile

Ok. Try to reinstall GPU drivers. Maybe also running cards in single mode.

E: And maybe do memtest just in case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had that issue with my ASUS Mark 1 MB. It turns out that some of my CPU pins were bent which caused instability.

Just throwing some options in.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

i did once try to run it in single gpu mode still did it but early this morning i took everything apart and redid all the wiring and so far it has done it but im going to reinstall the drivers as you said what programs should i use for a memtest?

i did once try to run it in single gpu mode still did it but early this morning i took everything apart and redid all the wiring and so far it has done it but im going to reinstall the drivers as you said what programs should i use for a memtest?

The one and only http://www.memtest86.com/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

ok i got a usb setup for it now ill go run that

so i ran it and it passed. but i seen somthing i didnt know it says my memory is xmp but im not completely sure i know what that is. but its passed with no errors

so i ran it and it passed. but i seen somthing i didnt know it says my memory is xmp but im not completely sure i know what that is. but its passed with no errors

How long did it run? And XMP means that you have set it to run higher speed than default of 1600MHz.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i guess it finished the test 4 passes or somthing like that, mines 1333 memory though

• 2 weeks later...

so it hasnt done it for a little while now after i took it apart and put it all back together but suddenly it did it again its got me so confused