Upgraded to gtx970 g1. low frame rate gta5

Lowestrug

hello all. i hope i can get some help. i recently upgraded to a gtx 970 g1 and installed 8gb more ram (16gb in all) ,3 more hds, and a cpu air cooler. first night of completion, gta5 ran flawless for the short time it was run.. all settings were optimized, and the drivers were installed. fast forward 3 days. now gta5 was running slow and laggy to the point where even the mouse in settings menu was lagging. reset comp, did nothing. checked all power wires to card and made sure it was sitting right on the board, did nothing. then i removed and reinstalled the game, fixed the slowness of the game but the frame rate is only at 12fps. 3dbenchmark shows no problems based on the consistant scores. gta5 driver is installed and game is optimized. also my other test, tf2, runs fine. lowering graphics did nothing. any help is very much welcome. at work so response will be slow. thank you all

you could have coin miner installed look for it look at the gpu usage and you will  see. also when game is minimised it should not use any gpu

Are your fans spinning up when the card is loaded?

Had an issue with Precision X not controlling my fans properly after last update so the card was thermal throttling hard..

Similar effect to what your getting.. Worth a look.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

you could have coin miner installed look for it look at the gpu usage and you will  see. also when game is minimised it should not use any gpu

ill have to check this when im back at the unit. thx

legacy copy of GTA V ?

im not sure what is meant by this. i bought the game legally from steam, not a torrent or anything. game previously ran on a asus gtx550ti on all settings min and small windowed. thx

Are your fans spinning up when the card is loaded?

Had an issue with Precision X not controlling my fans properly after last update so the card was thermal throttling hard..

Similar effect to what your getting.. Worth a look.

they were spinning, but i dont know if the card was controlling them or ramping up their speed while in game. but i made it a point to run gta5, have the issue happen, and then close out and run 3dmark. 3dmark ran great with consistant score right after gta5 had low fps. also i monitor my gpu with afterburner and i never see my temp go unsafe or fluctuate. thx

hello all. i hope i can get some help. i recently upgraded to a gtx 970 g1 and installed 8gb more ram (16gb in all) ,3 more hds, and a cpu air cooler. first night of completion, gta5 ran flawless for the short time it was run.. all settings were optimized, and the drivers were installed. fast forward 3 days. now gta5 was running slow and laggy to the point where even the mouse in settings menu was lagging. reset comp, did nothing. checked all power wires to card and made sure it was sitting right on the board, did nothing. then i removed and reinstalled the game, fixed the slowness of the game but the frame rate is only at 12fps. 3dbenchmark shows no problems based on the consistant scores. gta5 driver is installed and game is optimized. also my other test, tf2, runs fine. lowering graphics did nothing. any help is very much welcome. at work so response will be slow. thank you all

considering GTAV has yet to be optimized for anything. Everyone has a hellava time trying to get smooth gameplay across the playing field. If you are having alot of problems, then see if your GPU manufacturer has a specific driver for your GPU, and see if you have any crazy processes going on in the background when playing GTA.

There is not much to go off of considering GTAV has yet to be optimized for anything, even people with TITANX's have FPS issues.

BTW, have you installed anything between getting GTAV, and these problems starting up?

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

considering GTAV has yet to be optimized for anything. Everyone has a hellava time trying to get smooth gameplay across the playing field. If you are having alot of problems, then see if your GPU manufacturer has a specific driver for your GPU, and see if you have any crazy processes going on in the background when playing GTA.

There is not much to go off of considering GTAV has yet to be optimized for anything, even people with TITANX's have FPS issues.

BTW, have you installed anything between getting GTAV, and these problems starting up?

thanks for the response. i have not installed anything from the time of redownload of gtav to now. and i am running a gtav driver from nvidia for my card

Have you tried uninstalling your previous drivers completely in safe mode? (press F10 during boot-up) Sometimes, even when upgrading graphics cards from the same brands things can go wrong.

Its worth a shot. Not sure if I can post links with a new account but Driver Sweeper is pretty sweet. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Hey Everyone. Thank you for all the suggestions. my problem seemed to be the vsync setting under graphics in gtav was set to half. nvidia game optimizer does not adjust this setting so restoring to default and then re-optimizing did nothing. put vsync to off or on and the game jumps to life. hope this might help someone else going through the same thing. Thanks.