Standalone microphone question.

gabprevost1819

Hi, i need help choosing a good standalone microphone to use with my DT 990. I was wondering if the sound leakage from the 990 open back would be a problem and if the mic would pick up the sound. I will mostly use the mic for skype i know it's overkill but whatever ;P i dont have any budget particularity. I will take any suggestion and make my mind afterward on how much i wish to spend. Thanks in advance!

No, it wouldn't be a problem at all. Get the ModMic. It's OmniDirectional, so you'll be solid.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Unless you have the headphones full blast it shouldn't be an issue tbh.

I have a pair of DT990's myself, and people only get a faint sound emanating from my headphones, if i listen to music whilst talking to them on my mic. Also, if budget's not an issue, a quality desktop mic is lovely. I went for a Blue Yeti Blackout myself, the Blue Snowball is a good, slightly cheaper alternative.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Thanks alot for the advice guys, actualy i had eyes on either blue yeti, audio technica at2020 or the Modmic 4.0 but i think i lean more towards the blue yeti because of lower price and more feature than the at2020 and for the modmic im sure it do a great job but the extra cable going from the headset to computer is what in wondering about and might be a reason to pay a little more for a yeti. Is there alot of background noise with the yeti? Like room echo?

Depending on how close you are and how loud your headphones are, the AT2020 can pick it up but you can always adjust sensitivity through software. I used to use an AT2020USB which picked up even my elbow hitting the desk, now I use an AT2050 through a Scarlett 2i2 and I can adjust the sensitivity on that even further.