Grid 2 Low FPS

In Grid 2 I am getting terrible fps, between 15 and 25, using a GTX 780. My GPU usage is hovering around 50% in menus, dropping to 8% during a race.

My system:

AMD FX-6200

Nvidia GTX 780

8GB DDR3

Is there any way to get better fps. There are loads of youtube videos with this card running the game smoothly, and this CPU really should be good enough to run the game. Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

update drivers and lower gfx. I need to check usage next time I play, but not seen any lag so far with custom low-med 1080p settings. Only lag I have is one spike per race which is more glitch than hw problem.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Drivers are now 320.49, which are the most recent drivers. I get the similar fps all the time, whether in Ultra or very Low

the new drivers seem to suck,and since gtx 700 series needs the new drivers your stuck waiting for Nvidia to fix it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If that's the only option, I guess I can wait. I thought maybe there would be some way to get the gpu usage up, which in turn would boost the fps to a more playable level.

Usually for issue like that it is either

Driver issues - but the 320.49 are good for the 7xx series cards

CPU bottleneck - but your 6200 should be just fine

Game optimizations - don't know how well that game is for that

Can't really go back to the 314 drivers with your card either. I would say it is driver issues. Other people might have the same issue.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Hmm, hopefully they'll make a proper patch for it soon. I've heard a lot of people say the cracked version works perfectly. It's a shame that illegal versions of games sometimes work better than the proper ones.

Well, a driver update later, and still no difference. Has anyone got any idea how to fix this problem?

There is no way for that CPU and GPU to even come close to bottleneck that game.

Now, your CPU usage is (while in game, both in menus and race)?

"Drivers are now 320.49, which are the most recent drivers. I get the similar fps all the time, whether in Ultra or very Low"

Check for background programs etc., maybe something eats your CPU cycles.

Game is optimized very well, so I't must be driver problem, background programs problem, or some strange power saving problem (for CPU, in Windows or BIOS).

There is no way for that CPU and GPU to even come close to bottleneck that game.

Now, your CPU usage is (while in game, both in menus and race)?

"Drivers are now 320.49, which are the most recent drivers. I get the similar fps all the time, whether in Ultra or very Low"

Check for background programs etc., maybe something eats your CPU cycles.

Game is optimized very well, so I't must be driver problem, background programs problem, or some strange power saving problem (for CPU, in Windows or BIOS).

How would I see CPU usage in game? Any particluar program I could use?

Edit: Nvm, cpu usage is around 30-45% in game.

How would I see CPU usage in game? Any particluar program I could use?

Edit: Nvm, cpu usage is around 30-45% in game.

Ok, that should rule out power saving or background programs problem i guess.

Here is a person with similar problem, he says it is fixed with latest (at that time) drivers.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3130671

Ok, that should rule out power saving or background programs problem i guess.

Here is a person with similar problem, he says it is fixed with latest (at that time) drivers.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3130671

I saw that post when I was first looking for a solution, I've installed and re installed the 320.49 drivers, seemed to make no difference. I've moved to the latest beta drivers too, seems to make absolutely no difference. Thanks anyway for trying.

How does the card perform in other games? Is it just GRID that gives you issues?

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

How does the card perform in other games? Is it just GRID that gives you issues?

Yeah, I can get a solid 60 fps in pretty much everything I've tried apart from GTA IV and GRID 2. GTA runs at around 50 for the most part, so it is perfectly playable. GRID 2 is the only game that is un-playable. It's just that there are quite a few you tube videos and benchmarks saying the GTX 780 should perform a lot better than 19 fps.

Have you installed Ge force experience with your drivers, try to optimise them and you could try out the new beta drivers, 326.19.

And before installing any new GPU drivers, uninstall the old ones and if there a few old copies delete them completely (you might need to go in to safe mode to it) then install the latest drivers

One thing you could do is remove your GTX 780 and see if there's any damage to the card or the motherboard, if not put it back in and then do a install of the drivers, you might need to reinstall the game too if there is damaged files.

Whats your OS

Cry Havoc!

Have you installed Ge force experience with your drivers, try to optimise them and you could try out the new beta drivers, 326.19.

And before installing any new GPU drivers, uninstall the old ones and if there a few old copies delete them completely (you might need to go in to safe mode to it) then install the latest drivers

One thing you could do is remove your GTX 780 and see if there's any damage to the card or the motherboard, if not put it back in and then do a install of the drivers, you might need to reinstall the game too if there is damaged files.

Whats your OS

My OS is Windows 7. I've checked now, and there doesn't appear to be any damage. If there was, I doubt it would run other games well. I think I gotten rid of every last bit of the old drivers, and trying 326.19 beta drivers seems to make no difference. Geforce experience is telling me I can run the game in a very high details, and the optimisation seems to make little difference.

I saw that post when I was first looking for a solution, I've installed and re installed the 320.49 drivers, seemed to make no difference. I've moved to the latest beta drivers too, seems to make absolutely no difference. Thanks anyway for trying.

Then try some other things, try compatibility mode, or, well, i shouldn't say this, but that\s what i did read, try pirated game (since you already have original it is not stealing). I've did read somewhere that people who have exact same problem as you, pirated version worked for them.

Also, you can try to force other DX version from game config file, maybe that will fix it at least.

One thing I would love to know is what difference an i5 or i7 would make. The game starts off with an intel logo, with lots of intel advertising through out, so I would assume that it is optimised for intel cpus. If anyone has a rig similar to mine but with an Intel CPU, I would like to know how it runs for you.

One thing I would love to know is what difference an i5 or i7 would make. The game starts off with an intel logo, with lots of intel advertising through out, so I would assume that it is optimised for intel cpus. If anyone has a rig similar to mine but with an Intel CPU, I would like to know how it runs for you.

Here is how it preforms on Intel CPU's:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/GRID-2-Benchmarked.94039.0.html

But I'm not sure why you think it is CPU problem, when it isn't, In my opinion, minimum settings are not best way to test CPU, but, look at performance of i7 3770k at ultra low settings 1024*768 resolution (207FPS avg). My system at same settings get 145FPS avg, with 100FPS as minimum.

Install FX hotfixes, maybe that will help.

Here is how it preforms on Intel CPU's:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/GRID-2-Benchmarked.94039.0.html

But I'm not sure why you think it is CPU problem, when it isn't, In my opinion, minimum settings are not best way to test CPU, but, look at performance of i7 3770k at ultra low settings 1024*768 resolution (207FPS avg). My system at same settings get 145FPS avg, with 100FPS as minimum.

Install FX hotfixes, maybe that will help.

I thought it might be an issue because there are some games which just run far better with intel cpus. I have the hot fixes already installed.

I thought it might be an issue because there are some games which just run far better with intel cpus. I have the hot fixes already installed.

Well, I'm not aware of that game ;). Anyways, it is probably driver problem, or something in BIOS (i doubt, since you know those power saving features). After power saving options, hotfixes, pirated game, i don't have any idea.

I think it is a driver problem, or some software incompatibility problem. If that option is still present under nVidia driver, try to turn it OFF for GRID 2 profile (Threaded Optimization Option).