Upgrade

Swegly

I just upgraded my rigs graphics card and to a modular PSU but I am about to complete a project that will bring in a good chunk of money. It should be finished around July but anyways I would like to know what I should upgrade first. I am satisfied with my rig the way it is except maybe it could use 8gb more ram. Should I get more ram or a 1440p monitor or just get a ton of steam money to buy games :D? Please dont say more ssd space because I only put the most worthy games on my ssd and still have 100gb left. 

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I would recommend getting a 1440p monitor and push the 970 a bit, You could use you old monitor as secondary.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I just upgraded my rigs graphics card and to a modular PSU but I am about to complete a project that will bring in a good chunk of money. It should be finished around July but anyways I would like to know what I should upgrade first. I am satisfied with my rig the way it is except maybe it could use 8gb more ram. Should I get more ram or a 1440p monitor or just get a ton of steam money to buy games :D? Please dont say more ssd space because I only put the most worthy games on my ssd and still have 100gb left. 

Well shoot... with such an awesome system already, if it was my cash, I'd SLI 970s. It isn't for everyone, but I hate having to sacrifice visual quality for fps. I know you said you're satisfied, but there's like nothing else to upgrade  :P  Unless ofc you really want want that monitor to go along with it, in which case, just get another 970 already! That might be stupidly costly though  :unsure:

I don't do signatures.

Well shoot... with such an awesome system already, if it was my cash, I'd SLI 970s. It isn't for everyone, but I hate having to sacrifice visual quality for fps. I know you said you're satisfied, but there's like nothing else to upgrade  :P  Unless ofc you really want want that monitor to go along with it, in which case, just get another 970 already! That might be stupidly costly though  :unsure:

I was actually thinking of going SLI but then I thought to myself that #1) People will bash on me for having SLI 970's with a 1080p monitor ( xD ) #2) I can already max most settings in games. I would really like to see some new games come out this year. 2014 left me stuck playing CS:GO every night haha. GTAV was a great start but Id like to see a game that is fully stable and optimized in which I can push my card to the limit and rely on the fps instead of unpredictable stutters even with overclocks. who knows maybe thw witcher 3 can do that =)

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I was actually thinking of going SLI but then I thought to myself that #1) People will bash on me for having SLI 970's with a 1080p monitor ( xD ) #2) I can already max most settings in games. I would really like to see some new games come out this year. 2014 left me stuck playing CS:GO every night haha. GTAV was a great start but Id like to see a game that is fully stable and optimized in which I can push my card to the limit and rely on the fps instead of unpredictable stutters even with overclocks. who knows maybe thw witcher 3 can do that =)

Well shoot... It's either 1440p with a 970 and lower settings, or SLI 970s for stupidly overkill on 1080p... you just can't win.  :P

I'm willing to bet though, that for running 1080p on ultra on Witcher 3, a 970 won't quite cut it, and on 1440p you'll definitely have problems. Then its back to the 1440p or SLI problem again. There's seriously no winning here!

I don't do signatures.

Well shoot... It's either 1440p with a 970 and lower settings, or SLI 970s for stupidly overkill on 1080p... you just can't win.  :P

I'm willing to bet though, that for running 1080p on ultra on Witcher 3, a 970 won't quite cut it, and on 1440p you'll definitely have problems. Then its back to the 1440p or SLI problem again. There's seriously no winning here!

Well Im the type of guy who needs MSAA active at all times which is where I take the biggest performance hit. Upgrading to 1440p will eliminate my need for MSAA and Ill be happy playing at medium-high settings. id probably go with the 1440p, but then again I NEED GAMESSSSS

Well Im the type of guy who needs MSAA active at all times which is where I take the biggest performance hit. Upgrading to 1440p will eliminate my need for MSAA and Ill be happy playing at medium-high settings. id probably go with the 1440p, but then again I NEED GAMESSSSS

Well, I've been operating under the assumption that you'd be using 1440p on 27", and so you'd still want 2x MSAA on such a big screen. I need to learn to step out of myself and think that not everyone is as infatuated with large monitors.

I'd probably just get games during the Steam Summer sale and hold off getting the monitor, and then once July rolls around with your big payout, re-evaluate and see if you really want/need a cool 1440p monitor. A lot can change between now and then. IMO that's a good way to go, unless anyone else has any better ideas.

I don't do signatures.