need help choosing a SSD

cloner23
Go to solution Solved by cloner23,

Going crucial bx100 500gb

As its going in my home pc for gaming ect

Reason not samsung..pricey in South Africa,dont need all the extra features it offers ..

After everyones help here and watching reviews it simply does not make sense to go half the size for the same price range.

Real world speeds will be the same as well..boot times are 1sec apart?i can live with that :)

Thanks all for helping me decide

Like i said my picks are crucials 500gb(good benchmarks an performer) or samsung 850 evo 256gb if i can get it at a good price?

Id say these are two great picks?what do you guys think.

I just came down to the point after reading a bit up that samsung and crucial are the two tops for the buck

Like i said my picks are crucials 500gb(good benchmarks an performer) or samsung 850 evo 256gb if i can get it at a good price?

Id say these are two great picks?what do you guys think.

I just came down to the point after reading a bit up that samsung and crucial are the two tops for the buck

Dude, for the sake of $25 get the much larger Crucial. You won't notice the speed difference in day to day usage and you get double the storage

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

out of stock :( just hope when they get stock it will be the same price !!as id rather buy from take a lot with their quick an good service

Was on their one day special for today, it'll probably revert back to the old price again when they get stock, they only had 80 and was sold out by 12pm, I got one of them

BX100, I'm using one right now (250GB variant). Have tried also Samsung and Intel SSDs, I don't see any difference in terms of daily normal use including gaming. If you're storing confidential or any important data to it, then pick SSDs w/ better features. No regrets on my purchase with this one.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

Dude, for the sake of $25 get the much larger Crucial. You won't notice the speed difference in day to day usage and you get double the storage

hmmm

a few reviews do mention that in real life test you would never notice the difference between crucial and samsung drives as they both are incredibly fast ..Plus as ill be using it in my home desktop pc i dont think its worth going half the size  :/

5 year warranty though seems so nice to have compared to 3years :) then again,i wont be using 76tb anytime soon!

hmmm

a few reviews do mention that in real life test you would never notice the difference between crucial and samsung drives as they both are incredibly fast ..Plus as ill be using it in my home desktop pc i dont think its worth going half the size  :/

5 year warranty though seems so nice to have compared to 3years :) then again,i wont be using 76tb anytime soon!

Is 2 more years warranty worth 250GB storage? I wouldn't think so at all

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Going crucial bx100 500gb

As its going in my home pc for gaming ect

Reason not samsung..pricey in South Africa,dont need all the extra features it offers ..

After everyones help here and watching reviews it simply does not make sense to go half the size for the same price range.

Real world speeds will be the same as well..boot times are 1sec apart?i can live with that :)

Thanks all for helping me decide

Hi all

From South Africa,so keep in mind our prices differ far from the US and EU

Oky so moving to SSD soon but so many to pick from..

What i did come down to are the following in my price range(the Samsung 850's are expensive here)

So these are the ones i could see would be good choices but hopefully you guys can assist me.

Crucial BX100

Trancend ss370

OCZ Arc 100

Kingston sv300

Sandisk ultra II

These all fall in my budget range(In our currency it's R1500=$130)

Note i will be going for the 256gb version,so which is the better choice here?

Thanks

I'd put it between the ARC and the BX personally.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync