No monitor display

Cucuzza64
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

VGA for initial install... unless I'm like the only person who does that still

Ah... Haven't had that kind of problems with DVI so I totally forgot about that.

I'm a new builder and just finish building and when I hooked it up to my monitor via HDMI it won't display and I know for a fact that the monitor works cause I used it on my other pc just before. So what should I do I even checked a wireing video for my motherboard(asus rampage v extreme) and it look exactly the same. And all the fans are working a lighting/leds so idk what else I can do any advice for me to try?

If you have a graphics card plugged in, you must plug the HDMI cable into that and not the motherboard.

Sig under construction.

If you have a graphics card plugged in, you must plug the HDMI cable into that and not the motherboard.

Ya I know that I'm Not dumb

The monitor is on the right input, right? :P

Ya lol

Using GPU -> plug to GPU connectors. Not using GPU -> plug to mobo connectors. If using GPU -> Are GPU fan/s running?

E: Btw, saying that you aren't dumb when we are helping isn't nice. We are not saying that you are. These are just common errors people do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Using GPU -> plug to GPU connectors. Not using GPU -> plug to mobo connectors. If using GPU -> Are GPU fan/s running?

E: Btw, saying that you aren't dumb when we are helping isn't nice. We are not saying that you are. These are just common errors people do.

this is all that people say is there anything else it can be cause I have it plugged into my gpu and it should be working from what I know

this is all that people say is there anything else it can be cause I have it plugged into my gpu and it should be working from what I know

Well, if the fan/s of the card are running the GPU should be working. So next steps are trying with integrated GPU. And if possible, test GPU in another working PC. No video on another machine -> DOA card. Video from integrated, either DOA card or bug in BIOS (auto in video GPU selection not detecting GPU).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

At the risk of stating the obvious... drivers? It's sad how many people, even experienced, long time builders, forget drivers.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

At the risk of stating the obvious... drivers? It's sad how many people, even experienced, long time builders, forget drivers.

When you can't get POST and/or BIOS on screen its not driver issue. Besides, all windows editions have very basic pnp drivers that will display working card with something like 800x600 resolution at worst.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

When you can't get POST and/or BIOS on screen its not driver issue. Besides, all windows editions have very basic pnp drivers that will display working card with something like 800x600 resolution at worst.

I'm aware... I honestly did not clue in that it sounds like he couldn't even get a BIOS screen to display. So used to people posting about display issues post... POST, lol. Those basic drivers, also don't always work, I've had them fail to load on several occasions.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

I'm aware... I honestly did not clue in that it sounds like he couldn't even get a BIOS screen to display. So used to people posting about display issues post... POST, lol. Those basic drivers, also don't always work, I've had them fail to load on several occasions.

Hard to install driver when screen is black ^^

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, if the fan/s of the card are running the GPU should be working. So next steps are trying with integrated GPU. And if possible, test GPU in another working PC. No video on another machine -> DOA card. Video from integrated, either DOA card or bug in BIOS (auto in video GPU selection not detecting GPU).

NVM I have some guy who is going to come over and fix it cause I still have no clue at all on why its not working the gpu fan is on so it must be working and I have used that card in my old computer so I know it works and I know i wired everything correctly cause I followed every step in the Manuel so I'm just going to get a professional to check it out cause I just don't know what else I can check

Hard to install driver when screen is black ^^

Ah... Haven't had that kind of problems with DVI so I totally forgot about that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv