Z77X-UD5H Code "D4"

Greetings im having the same problem, i builded a pc with gigabyte z77x-ud5h and is anoying that everytime i turn on the pc i see the "D4" code but if i restart the pc the nice "A0" appear but i have no idea whats the problem, the pc is runin fine, no perfomance problems, no freeze problems, i play everygame without any problems, i tried to remove battery for 30 min, desconnect and reconnect every single poece of component, tried with one module and outside the pc case and still the same problem the funny thing is that i returned the motherboard and replace it for the same one and still having the ptoblem, and yes i tried with different video card and different ram and still but just for the led inknow the d4 error exist, if not i dont even know that i have this error please help!!!!

Pc spec:

Ssd samsung 840 256

Wd 1tb

Gtx 680

Corsair vengance 1600

Corsair h100i

Z77x-ud5h

Lg bd

Lg dvd

Psu corsair 850w

W8 pro

Greetings im having the same problem, i builded a pc with gigabyte z77x-ud5h and is anoying that everytime i turn on the pc i see the "D4" code but if i restart the pc the nice "A0" appear but i have no idea whats the problem, the pc is runin fine, no perfomance problems, no freeze problems, i play everygame without any problems, i tried to remove battery for 30 min, desconnect and reconnect every single poece of component, tried with one module and outside the pc case and still the same problem the funny thing is that i returned the motherboard and replace it for the same one and still having the ptoblem, and yes i tried with different video card and different ram and still but just for the led inknow the d4 error exist, if not i dont even know that i have this error please help!!!!

Pc spec:

Ssd samsung 840 256

Wd 1tb

Gtx 680

Corsair vengance 1600

Corsair h100i

Z77x-ud5h

Lg bd

Lg dvd

Psu corsair 850w

W8 pro

Has the mobo ever been recalled?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yes, i called gigabyte and they told those steps i did and the last answer was to exchange the motherboard or send it to them...

I downloaded your manual from http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139#manual

Looking at the error codes:

A0 = Ide initialization is started. (sounds normal)

D4 = PCI resource allocation error. out of resources.

May be a problem with the graphics card? Do you use any other add in cards?

Reseat the card maybe? http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=12580.0

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Yes i tried with different video card and different memory ram and still

And in different PCIe slot?

Other than reflashing the bios to the latest version I am out of ideas. A google shows quite a few people with this problem. :(

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I tried without the video card and one memory ram and the problem persist but like i said, the pc runs perfect, i already google it and no solusion is received, only if i restart the pc the d4 disappear...

Yeah then ur only choice is to return your motherboard and get something that is not problematic, like from MSI or ASUS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

im thinking of that the problem is that if i do that ill lose my copy of windows 8   :( i already request a code for athentication when i got the new one, i dont think ill get anotherone with different MOBO 

Can't u possibly use the same code to activate W8?

I can try but even on microsoft page says that you can use the same copy of W8 only if u are using the same mobo because your code is attached with it when you installe it so if you got a new mobo is considered a new or other pc thats why

Hey,

I had the same puzzling issue with my board as well, it turns out its not 'D4' but '04' because having a 'D' on that display would be hard to differentiate it from '0' or 'O'.

That code, '04' is the last sleep state the PC was in after you turned it on, if you disable all the sleep states the display will always show 'A0' if everything is fine.

The motherboard is fine dont worry about it, it only shows up after is comes up from sleep/hibernation.

------Sorry, thought it was a z87 board but I guess they are pretty similar

Edited by Facety

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

I've already called MS 3 times for the same key....they have activated it every time without question.

I checked the manual and there is no 04 code only D4 i just restarted windows 8 completely erasing everything and finally see the A0, but ill let you guys know if i for sure fixed it :)

I checked the manual and there is no 04 code only D4 i just restarted windows 8 completely erasing everything and finally see the A0, but ill let you guys know if i for sure fixed it :)

Yeah cause its the codes are the sleep states that its waking up from

S3 = '03'

S4 = '04'

etc....

Don't worry if it doesn't fall asleep the code shouldn't change

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

Sounds like it's not the hardware specific issue, if the same problem persists after changing various components.

To clarify, is your system hanging during boot when you see that error message? If so, try disabling "Fast Startup" or completely disabling hibernation (type "powercfg -h off" in cmd).  What you describe could have to do with fast startup feature in Windows 8, especially if that only occurs during cold boot and not during restarts. In Windows 8, cold boot is not really a cold boot if fast startup is enabled. It's similar to resuming from hibernation instead of performing an actual cold boot sequence. I've been told this could cause driver issues, leading to system hanging in the middle of boot. On the contrary, restart actually performs cold boot, so all drivers are re-initialized from scratch, which could explain your lack of issues during restarts.

I had system hanging during boot up from time to time with that same board. I forget what error message was displayed, but it was caused by the fast startup feature in Windows 8. Hasn't happened since i disabled hibernation completely.

Edit: I re-read your post, and I saw you said your PC is running fine. So NVM =) But still give it a go and see if it changes anything

CPU:Intel 3770k Motherboard:Gigabyte z77x-ud5h GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Ram:Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Storage:Crucial M4 128GB+Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case:Zalman Z11 Plus PSU:Corsair TX650 Cooler:Noctua NH-D14 Fans:Noctua NF-P12+ Silverstone AP123 Keyboard:Corsair K90 Mouse:Corsair M60 Monitors:Dell U2412M+U2312HM

Rookie: this fast startup in W8 its new or w7 has it as well?

Adotkdotjh thank you very much!! The problem was resolved i just disabled the fast startup on power setting and the D4 code is gone, anyway my pc still booting fast so there is no difference!!!

Do you have a steam? Ill give u a free game for your help.

Once again thank you!!!

Adotkdotjh thank you very much!! The problem was resolved i just disabled the fast startup on power setting and the D4 code is gone, anyway my pc still booting fast so there is no difference!!!

Do you have a steam? Ill give u a free game for your help.

Once again thank you!!!

Great to hear that it worked! Thanks for the offer, but the satisfaction of knowing that I helped someone is enough =) You are welcome to add me on steam though. It's the same ID. 

I play TF2 frequently  ;)

PS. Fast startup was introduced in W8, so W7 doesn't have it. With SSDs though, I find boot up time to be fast enough without fast startup. Hard drives could benefit a lot from it. 

CPU:Intel 3770k Motherboard:Gigabyte z77x-ud5h GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Ram:Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Storage:Crucial M4 128GB+Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case:Zalman Z11 Plus PSU:Corsair TX650 Cooler:Noctua NH-D14 Fans:Noctua NF-P12+ Silverstone AP123 Keyboard:Corsair K90 Mouse:Corsair M60 Monitors:Dell U2412M+U2312HM

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up the old thread, but I think I'm having the same issue on my Z87 UD4H.

So given that it displays the last sleep mode, is there any reason to disable fast boot other than to get it to display A0 instead of 04?

and is there any way to tell if its showing me 04 or D4?  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I have the ud5h and a 3570k with r9 290 and 8GB DDR3. I run Windows 8.1, and I also see the 04 code. I used to think that this did nothing, but it turns out that my USB 3.0 ports stop working after booting up from fast boot. After disabling fast boot, the 04 went away, but because I have a 128gb ssd, the hyberfile.sys takes up much more space now. Any solutions to this? There are no win8 drivers for usb3 for ud5h, so it is just standard windows drivers that don't work after fast boot. normal restart works perfectly fine, though.

I recommend you make your own thread, probably best in the Troubleshooting

section, instead of necroing old ones. :)

Locking.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic