RAM speeds very low?

Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

its running at 1333 its (2x667) you can get it to 1600 (800*2) by enabling XMP in the bios

Hey guys.. got some concerns here..
So I was about to put a random 2GB DDR3 stick in with my 2x 4GB corsair vengeance 1600mhz sticks for that little bit extra that i've been needing and I noticed this in CPU-Z!
bbce1f2f90.png907534727e.png
What's going on here? Why only 667mhz?
Also, will I see a drop in performance by adding an Elixir 2GB DDR3 1333 stick?

Thanks!

its running at 1333 its (2x667) you can get it to 1600 (800*2) by enabling XMP in the bios

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Any idea why?

xmp is off

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would also like to add that whilst gaming, my system will never use more than 7.0gb of it's memory, which causes me to have stutters in GTA V

xmp is off

Thanks. If I were to add a third ram stick, would xmp no longer function due to the difference in speed/non dual channel?

Thanks. If I were to add a third ram stick, would xmp no longer function due to the difference in speed/non dual channel?

yes they would have to run at the same speed you can OC the other sticks to 1600 though

yes they would have to run at the same speed you can OC the other sticks to 1600 though

I have no experience with overclocking so I am unsure about pushing the stick to 1600.. would it really matter that much for gaming by having them all run at 1333?

I have no experience with overclocking so I am unsure about pushing the stick to 1600.. would it really matter that much for gaming by having them all run at 1333?

nope