CUPS on CentOS 7 VM not working

I need to make a print server (I'm using CUPS) as a school project on my CentOS 7 machine running in VMWare Workstation 11 and it worked fine and well yesterday. but when I booted it up today CentOS booted into emergency mode everytime, after running  "fsck" and repairing all the files the machine booted again. But now CUPS won't start anymore because libcupsmime.so is missing .

D9vCZQ0.png

i tried restarting cups, with "systemctl restart ", I tried removing CUPS and the dependencies with "yum remove, yum install" but with no succes and now i'm out of ideas. So do any of you guys know how to fix it?

PS. i'm still a Linux noob so be gentle  :D

Have you installed a GUI? If that's the case, start it up and try removing it in the software repository.

Have you installed a GUI? If that's the case, start it up and try removing it in the software repository.

I do have a GUI yes, but what do you mean with "removing it in the software repository"?

I do have a GUI yes, but what do you mean with "removing it in the software repository"?

Isn't there an ''app store'' for CentOS? Because you should be able to click on a tab called installed programs, where you can uninstall your software.

Isn't there an ''app store'' for CentOS? Because you should be able to click on a tab called installed programs, where you can uninstall your software.

Not with my version, but with a quick google search I found the GNOME-package manager wich i'm installing right now to see if it helps

Not with my version, but with a quick google search I found the GNOME-package manager wich i'm installing right now to see if it helps

Did it work?

Sorry for the VERY late post, but i just wewnt out and created a new VM which did the trick