What game settings don't affect CPU that much?

Juggernautilus

Specifically for GTA V. I have a Pentium G3258 and a VTX3D HD 7870 Black edition (the one that has Tahiti core) and my CPU obviously bottlenecks the whole system, I can run the game on low at about 40-50 FPS but I have turned on Half Vsync for more stable framerates. 

I turned my texture settings and MSAA on and the framerate remains. What are the settings that affect GPU but not so much of CPU power?

Half V Sync, you do realise that limits the FPS to 30 on a 60Hz monitor, right?

Half V Sync, you do realise that limits the FPS to 30 on a 60Hz monitor, right?

Yes, but if I turn it off or turn on Full Vsync, sometimes the textures won't load as fast and I just float around with a car hoping not to crash in to anything.  30 FPS isn't that bad actually (inc PC masterrace hate) except for maybe shooting missions.

Yes, but if I turn it off or turn on Full Vsync, sometimes the textures won't load as fast and I just float around with a car hoping not to crash in to anything.  30 FPS isn't that bad actually (inc PC masterrace hate) except for maybe shooting missions.

limit your FPS to 40 using RivaTuner Statistics Server

limit your FPS to 40 using RivaTuner Statistics Server

I might just do that, but what about the settings to make my game look better without hurting framerates? My GPU isn't used to it's fullest potential while CPU struggles, so I am wondering what changes could be made.

edit: I see you are running the same CPU, but pretty OC'd. How much do you get and what are your settings?

I might just do that, but what about the settings to make my game look better without hurting framerates? My GPU isn't used to it's fullest potential while CPU struggles, so I am wondering what changes could be made.

edit: I see you are running the same CPU, but pretty OC'd. How much do you get and what are your settings?

I have everything on normal, but texture settings on high and FXAA on. That's all I can crank up without getting stutters

Distance Scaling, Shadows, Grass, these are the main CPU killers.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.