Best CPU upgrade from G3258

Exactly my thinking, It's already sketchy overclocking the G3258 on a B85 and it has really poor voltage settings. 

I think I will go with the i5 4460, but what about  my CPU cooler will I need bigger than a 120mm AIO?

Oc'ing the G3258 shouldn't be an issue at all for the board.

The stock cooler is already fine for the 4460. The Seidon should keep it quite a bit cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Oc'ing the G3258 shouldn't be an issue at all for the board.

The stock cooler is already fine for the 4460. The Seidon should keep it quite a bit cooler.

Well as far as the board providing the stable voltage the G3258 needs it does a fine job. It even has a heatsink on the mosfets, which most budget boards don't. But Asrock really crapped out on the software side of things.They are seriously lacking features in the Bios that you need for OC'ing. For example there is no 'adaptive voltage' setting instead my voltage has to be locked at 1.3V... despite its frequency\power state. 

But we are here to give him the best value for money

Giving good suggestions is better than giving 'just any' option.

Yeah and the best advice would be to get the best for his money. He did not ask for the value option afaik... You do not recommend a toyota yaris to a guy looking for a ferrari...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Forget overclocking and get the Xeon 1231v3. For $250 it's better than an i5 but you lose the overclocking ability.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX