gtx 660 ti sli pcie speeds

vakanuva

so i just bought another gtx 660 ti to sli with my evga sc card but when running gpuz at first it showed the second card was running at 4x 1.1 speeds but after taking it out and putting the card back in it runs at 16x 1.1 is this normal?

Dude... take the card back please... that card wasn't even good in it's prime it's so outdated now. 

Now to answer your question: Did you put it in the same PCI slot? 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

i got the card cheap and the card i have is great it plays everything i want maxed a 1080p there both on a 990fx sabertooth and im running the first card in the first slot and the second in the 3rd slot

so i just bought another gtx 660 ti to sli with my evga sc card but when running gpuz at first it showed the second card was running at 4x 1.1 speeds but after taking it out and putting the card back in it runs at 16x 1.1 is this normal?

It can happen if the card is not seated correctly. I have also had it happen If I installed a card or 2 and did not reinstall drivers after install. Now the pcie 1.1 is perfectly fine it will jump up to 2.0 when required. here are some instances where pcie gen speed are all different. Pics may be massive I run at 2880x1620 res.... all%20at%202.0.jpg1%20at%201.1%202%20at%202.0.jpg3%20way%20sli%201%20at%202.0%202%20at%20

//CPU// FX 9590 5ghz //Motherboard// Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 //RAM// 16GB Crucial Ballistix //GPU// GTX 660 Ti 3 Way SLI //Case// NZXT Switch 810 //Storage// OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, 2 Kingston SSD raid 0 500GB total, 1TB hdd //PSU// SPI 1200 Watt //Cooling// Alphacool custom loop //Keyboard// CM Storm Rapid Fire TK //Mouse// Steel Series Diablo 3 mouse //Sound// Sony MDR-V6 Studio headphones //Operating System// Win 8.1

Do you really care about pci-e speed?
43816.png

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

ok thanks guys  shows alot i was just wondering about it cause it was somthing i seen now why would my clock speeds be low it shows 796 in games 

You won't notice the difference in PCI speeds but i do remember Linus talking about this in a video and it's to do with the number of lanes your cpu supports.