Gaming build first time (technically)

I had a hand in making my first build, but it was with the help of friends better than I in the hobby. For my true first build, I wanted to do it all myself (for the most part).

1. Budget & Location
I'm willing to spend up to 2500-3000$ USD

2. Aim
Gaming Primarily.
3. Monitors
I want to run 2-3 monitors initially, eventually getting up to 6 or 9 screens. 

Edit: Sorry I forgot about resolutions Primary monitor I want 4k, and smaller 1080 ones on the sides. 

4. Peripherals
Not sure what I want for a keyboard, but I've done a bit of research on some of the types of mechanical keyboards out there. I have a razer mouse, so I think I'm set there. 

5.Note

I've been staring at the Titan X for a few months now, but Idk if I should even bother. My friends keep telling me to just get two 980's, and SLI them, but I would like to deal with just one card. (plus the titan x is sexy as hell...) 

If there are any threads for me to get to understand computers, and their pieces of hardware better I would greatly appreciate it. I like to understand how everything works, down to the physics of it, so any information that is really specific on the inner workings of things with visual aids would be VERY appreciated. 

Edit: I read a bit more in the pinned posts, and some helped with descriptions, and what not, but I'm looking for some more visual representations ,and models for the inner workings of computers. 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

I had a hand in making my first build, but it was with the help of friends better than I in the hobby. For my true first build, I wanted to do it all myself (for the most part).

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim

Gaming Primarily.

3. Monitors

4. Peripherals

Not sure what I want for a keyboard, but I've done a bit of research on some of the types of mechanical keyboards out there. I have a razer mouse, so I think I'm set there. 

5.Note

I've been staring at the Titan X for a few months now, but Idk if I should even bother. My friends keep telling me to just get two 980's, and SLI them, but I would like to deal with just one card. (plus the titan x is sexy as hell...) 

If there are any threads for me to get to understand computers, and their pieces of hardware better I would greatly appreciate it. I like to understand how everything works, down to the physics of it, so any information that is really specific on the inner workings of things with visual aids would be VERY appreciated. 

Prephirals in the budget?

3. Monitors

I am sorry what? 6 to 9 monitors? for what purpose

Just trying to work out what you have planned for this pc and how you will use it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim

Gaming Primarily.

3. Monitors

4. Peripherals

5.Note

I would go for a 980 SLI set up! Two GPU look so sexy in a system thats been well built, the titan X will not perform as good as a 980 SLI

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I am sorry what? 6 to 9 monitors? for what purpose

Just trying to work out what you have planned for this pc and how you will use it

I'm a bit of a monitor whore, and I frequently use many many screens for personal purposes 

edit: plus the monitor thing is a bit in the future....like way in the future. 

I would go for a 980 SLI set up! Two GPU look so sexy in a system thats been well built, the titan X will not perform as good as a 980 SLI

But dat Vram

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

But dat Vram

That you will never use! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

No peripherals in the budget 

Go 1000 dollar on pc and 2 titan x for 2000 :)

I'm a bit of a monitor whore, and I frequently use many many screens for personal purposes 

edit: plus the monitor thing is a bit in the future....like way in the future. 

Just seems overkill heck I think 3 is overkill

What resolution do you plan on playing at? You could look into 1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz or even trple surround or superwide, with a high end set up like that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($552.95 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($212.98 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($133.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2614.75

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 05:41 EDT-0400

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

What resolution do you plan on playing at? You could look into 1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz or even trple surround or superwide, with a high end set up like that

I fixed some info in OP, but I'm not all too informed on monitor stats, and lingo. 

Superwide being triple ultrawide? :P

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($552.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($212.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($133.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $2614.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 05:41 EDT-0400

Thanks for the build! I'll keep this one in mind when I start getting parts. 

Superwide being triple ultrawide? :P

super wide is already making me drool.... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2995.97

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 05:49 EDT-0400

Total: $2995.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 05:49 EDT-0400

Thanks for the build input, The one by Commessy seems a lot better on the pricing, but I'm curious why you went with air cooled rather than the liquid, and also 4 ram sticks, rather than the two 8's, is there a significant use in that much more ram? 

Thanks for the build input, The one by Commessy seems a lot better on the pricing, but I'm curious why you went with air cooled rather than the liquid, and also 4 ram sticks, rather than the two 8's, is there a significant use in that much more ram? 

Hmm some basic math here.

2 titan X > 1 Titan X.

4790k is more than enough cpu .

Why did i use air cooling ? Well that cpu is already turboed at 4.4 ghz , good luck getting a much higher OC than that.

So you are buying water cooler to get 4.8 ghz instead of 4.4 on air , seems a worthwhile investment for 100 dollars more lol , those 400 mhz.

Also 5930k for gaming ? K then let me grab my opteron...

Hmm some basic math here.

2 titan X > 1 Titan X.

4790k is more than enough cpu .

Why did i use air cooling ? Well that cpu is already turboed at 4.4 ghz , good luck getting a much higher OC than that.

So you are buying water cooler to get 4.8 ghz instead of 4.4 on air , seems a worthwhile investment for 100 dollars more lol , those 400 mhz.

Also 5930k for gaming ? K then let me grab my opteron...

haha, didn't notice the twin titans... 

Monitor: Acer B326HK YMJDPPHZ 60Hz 32.0" Monitor  ($801.05 @ Newegg) 

Total: $2764.96

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 13:18 EDT-0400

This is what i would honestly go with. You can play at 4k now, and add another titan in SLI later down the road when you save up the enormous amount of money that is needed to buy one, and get some used 1080p monitors.

EDIT:  Used a higher wattage PSU for the 2nd titan later on.

Monitor: Acer B326HK YMJDPPHZ 60Hz 32.0" Monitor  ($801.05 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2764.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 13:18 EDT-0400

This is what i would honestly go with. You can play at 4k now, and add another titan in SLI later down the road when you save up the enormous amount of money that is needed to buy one, and get some used 1080p monitors.

EDIT:  Used a higher wattage PSU for the 2nd titan later on.

Thanks for the build suggestion, I'll keep in mind with all the others.