second GTX 770

Tadziunia

Next year will be awesome, am pretty unhappy that my gpu already old ofcource it's still powerful but 2gb vram holding me back, next year i could buy another GTX 770 and have twice more power, i heard DX12 might enable two gpu memory work together, it sound's great gtx 770 2gb + gtx 770 2gb = GTX 770's 4gb , GTX 770 prices dropped , probably next year it would drop even more, another version , i could buy new pascal high end gpu, and leave GTX 770 for Physx but probably it would be just waste of Power supply. Let me guys know what do you think and what would you do in my place ?

I will rarely recommend multi GPU, it's rarely worth it. I would just upgrade next year, the 770 is still fantastic right now.

Next year will be awesome, am pretty unhappy that my gpu already old ofcource it's still powerful but 2gb vram holding me back, next year i could buy another GTX 770 and have twice more power, i heard DX12 might enable two gpu memory work together, it sound's great gtx 770 2gb + gtx 770 2gb = GTX 770's 4gb , GTX 770 prices dropped , probably next year it would drop even more, another version , i could buy new pascal high end gpu, and leave GTX 770 for Physx but probably it would be just waste of Power supply. Let me guys know what do you think and what would you do in my place ?

Are you sure it's the 2gb that's holding you back?  If you're gaming at 1440p+ then I can see that happening, but most games aren't going to overflow to system memory at 1080p.  

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Are you sure it's the 2gb that's holding you back?  If you're gaming at 1440p+ then I can see that happening, but most games aren't going to overflow to system memory at 1080p.  

Though it is possible to exceed 2GB VRAM in 1080p, you won't see that in too many games yet other than AAA titles with killer requirements.

I'd stick to the GTX770 for this year, save up so credits and then buy next year a good medium ranged card. Because that will be having the performance of nowadays highend cards and feature for sure more VRAM.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

In 1080p, most games stay under 2 GB or around it - unless you wan't to use some crazy AA modes or SuperSampling - but that is usually the domain of top-range GPUs, x80 series in case of nVidia. Even if you had more RAM on your 770 - big question if it would perform better - the card is basically rebranded and overclocked GTX 680.

As far as DX12 stuff - there is one thing everyone should always remember when talking about DX, or API, or any new and fancy tech for that matter. If the technology is available, it does not mean it is supported by everything. DX 12 is great - but since its an API, you don't automatically recieve all of its benefits as a user. It is up to manufacturers to make drivers that support all the features. It is up to the software/game developers to make games that actually support the new DX 12. Old software will work with DX 12 as if it was running on DX 11 - just like right now, you have DX 10 games running on DX 11. Even after DX 12 release - there will be years before developers finally adopt all of its features. Because old engines, because it costs money, and because, quite honestly, for many games it just won't mean shit. I don't think Hearthstone will benefit that much from DX 12 renderer. Or MOBAs. So, as much as its nice to have these DX 12 goodies, possibilities and tech are coming to the market - you would be smart to assume that for the first 2 years, DirectX 12 will exists mostly in benchmarks. Maybe 1-2 AAA showcase titles.