Are all mice loud? Are there any silent mice?

Vozella
Go to solution Solved by Vozella,

I guess I'll just get used to the noise. 

At my high school, I was using a mouse on one of the computers and it had a click sound when I pressed it. This sound got really annoying after a while and I tried to click less to hear that sound less. I also didn't want to bother other people. (You can tell I don't like blue switches.)

Do silent mice exist or has nobody thought of that?

for the most part, they click :P they dont use the term so frequently for nothing, but im pretty sure there are other mice that just happen to have a stealthier click than others

edit: check out some logitech mice if youre looking to find "more quiet", from what i read, they seem to have some good ones

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

apple-magic-mouse.jpg

edit: I know it's not actually silent but you can enable touch to click on it

How would you know if you pressed it then? I mean, when you hear a click you are sure it was pressed, but if it was just a tap you would have to make sure it registered by looking at the screen.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

There are a couple out there, that being said they aren't very good and aren't completely silent. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

How would you know if you pressed it then? I mean, when you hear a click you are sure it was pressed, but if it was just a tap you would have to make sure it registered by looking at the screen.

I would feel it.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Yes, but would you make sure it "clicked"? xD a.k.a registered?

It's just like the Blues vs the Browns. You feel with both if they registered but only the blues make a noise. (switches)

That's really weird.

I used to use it for gaming actually, really nice and comfortable mouse

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB