Security Scripts Project :)

Hi Folks, I suppose I'm kind of new to the Forums but hey we all need to start somewhere.

So this is my project, I currently work as a pentester within the Information security industry and decided it was a good idea to start a github repo with some of the scripts I have been using(It's still in it's early days so if you see it when I've just posted it will look a bit bare!)

Why are you posting this here?

Good question, I am posting to reach out and give something back but also seeing as it is github I hope some of you awesome programmers can contribute to my project.

That sounds awesome! Where can I see this repo?

Here: https://github.com/ZephrFish/PentestingToolkit

If you guys and girls are interested, feel free to fork the project and leave replies below :D.

-ZephrFish

-snip-

I highly recommend trying Kali if any members are looking at pen test. It's a fully setup distro based on backtrack.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I highly recommend trying Kali if any members are looking at pen test. It's a fully setup distro based on backtrack.

Kali is great however it does not come with a lot of tools that are actually required for pentesting, it has like loads of tools but I have to say I've only ever used about a quarter for pentesting as they are relevant.

Kali is great however it does not come with a lot of tools that are actually required for pentesting, it has like loads of tools but I have to say I've only ever used about a quarter for pentesting as they are relevant.

I was just putting my $0.02 in, as for the newest script kiddies, Kali is an excellent base. I'll check out your repo when I get back to the office, for sure.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I was just putting my $0.02 in, as for the newest script kiddies, Kali is an excellent base. I'll check out your repo when I get back to the office, for sure.

ah no problems, I'm not encouraging script kiddies though, I'd just like to encourage the community to create more secure tools and useful tools :)

Isn't Kali essentially a reborn Backtrack? Same devs, same concept, different name...

I was always interested in how pentesing scripts work, but never thought they were so short and basic. Figured you would test vulnerability by attempting to attack a port or smth.

Isn't Kali essentially a reborn Backtrack? Same devs, same concept, different name...

Yup. Kali is just a re-branding of Backtrack to appeal to those in the professional/enterprise fields. It was a really good move too, they gained a lot of popularity and subsequential support from the pivot.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn