I need advice to build my computer

edenhanan

I buy a new computer and I need help choosing a graphics card I play mostly lite mmorpg (like dragon nest or raiderZ) and I use Core i5 4460 processor but I want to play at 4K (i already have a monitor) which graphics card to buy? 

between 200 - 300 $ for the graphics card

You can play 4k but it's not going to be the most enjoyable expierence I will say.

why it's will not be the most enjoyable expierence ?

If you are able to get a cheap R9 290x, go for it. I'm not sure how demanding your games are, so I can't guarantee you a gtx 970 would work for you (980 is not in your budget). So yeah, as I stated go for the 290x :)

A single R9 290(x) would have issues with eye candy games like crysis or battlefield which usually require SLI or Crossfire. For less demanding games a single 290(x) should be enough. 4k is still immature so support isn't always there as far as UI though.

Why not get a nice gaming grade 1440p monitor instead? It will be a better experience in many ways, you still get a nice resolution but you get nice frame rates and you have extra money for other things. 4k just inst worth it.

Dude, With 200-300 to spend on Graphics cards, Your 4k Experience is going to be shitty and probs run at 30-40 fps on low-medium in newer games.

4K gaming isn't really worth it right now.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

-snip- I play mostly lite mmorpg (like dragon nest or raiderZ) and I use Core i5 4460 processor but I want to play at 4K (i already have a monitor) which graphics card to buy? 

Why not get a nice gaming grade 1440p monitor instead? It will be a better experience in many ways, you still get a nice resolution but you get nice frame rates and you have extra money for other things. 4k just inst worth it.

Dude, With 200-300 to spend on Graphics cards, Your 4k Experience is going to be shitty and probs run at 30-40 fps on low-medium in newer games.

4K gaming isn't really worth it right now.

Edenhanan specifically stated he playes mostly light MMORPGs, those should run fine at 4k, IMO. If he wants to play some more demanding games, he can run them at a smaller resolution, no problem with that. He can upgrade to Xfire later if he so desires.

Personally, I didn't have the money to get a 980 in the fall, so I went with an EVGA 970, got more money in Jan and used their step-up to go to a 980. Now I just need two (or three) 1440p monitors to replace my 1080p ones so I'll have some use for all that horsepower, although DSR is quite nice, too.

Edenhanan specifically stated he playes mostly light MMORPGs, those should run fine at 4k, IMO. If he wants to play some more demanding games, he can run them at a smaller resolution, no problem with that. He can upgrade to Xfire later if he so desires.

Personally, I didn't have the money to get a 980 in the fall, so I went with an EVGA 970, got more money in Jan and used their step-up to go to a 980. Now I just need two (or three) 1440p monitors to replace my 1080p ones so I'll have some use for all that horsepower, although DSR is quite nice, too.

Thank you, someone else on this forum actually bothered to read OP's post.

• 3 weeks later...
I managed to get a little more money and I buy at the end of the GTX 980 but I want the future to connect it all in one liquid cooling which uses a reference PCB manufacturer ?

i managed to get more money and i buy at the end a gtx 980 but i want in the future to do all in one water cooling, which gpu manufacturer uses reference pcb?

(but not a reference cooling) 

I managed to get a little more money and I buy at the end of the GTX 980 but I want the future to connect it all in one liquid cooling which uses a reference PCB manufacturer ?

i managed to get more money and i buy at the end a gtx 980 but i want in the future to do all in one water cooling, which gpu manufacturer uses reference pcb?

(but not a reference cooling) 

EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 uses a reference PCB.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling