MS GDC Talk (also a Prediction: Xbox Live (Games, Service) Will Come to Windows 10)

themodernagenb

Sort of news...

Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox for Microsoft, finished his talk at the Game Developers' Conference (GDC) this year and (we've heard it all before, I know) laid out plans for the future of the PC.

Things to note:
1.) ID@Xbox games on Windows 10 with (THIS IS HUGE) cross buy/play/save (obviously up to the developers)
2.) MS is working to release a wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller for PCs running Windows (FINALLY). The speculation is sometime this year.
3.) DirectX 12 performance boost (we've heard this one too many times)
4.) Porting games easily to the Xbox One (this one I am excited about) with Shovel Knight and #IDARB being "ported" in a day as examples.

This is an obvious prediction, but I truly believe MS wants Xbox to become a platform, rather than just a console. And this is just the first steps in making that happen. Steam may finally see some competition.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/xbox-gdc-2015?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2015/The-Future-of-Gaming-Across-the-Microsoft-Ecosystem#time=0h0m16s:paused

Cross-buy looks neat. Basically like SteamPlay, buy it once and play on either Windows 10 or Xbox One.

I also like the "All wireless Xbox gaming accessories will be designed for and supported on both Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs moving forward." part.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

So games for windows live all over again?

So games for windows live all over again?

Games for Windows live was just adding another store and adding the social interaction to pc, this is adding xbox to PC, so instead of buying fable3 twice you buy it once for both.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."