Google Reportedly Preparing Android Wear for iPhone and iPad

iPhone-6-Android-Wear1-250x260.png

Brilliant news, if at all true. Google should've worked harder and faster on making Wear a platform for both OSs from the start. They could've capitalized on so many customers who would've bought a G Watch R (like me) but couldn't, since there was no support on any level. 

I do hope they follow through on this. Apple will let themselves die before letting the Watch work on anything else, that doesn't mean Google needs to be the same and close off their products to people who aren't using Android phones. 

The report claims Android Wear with extended iOS support could be announced at Google's I/O developer conference in late May, although Google may push the agenda depending on sales of the Apple Watch. 

Google may be interested in capitalizing on iPhone and iPad users that are not planning to purchase an Apple Watch when the wrist-worn device is released in April, the report adds. Last month, an unofficial video of an iPhone paired with Android Wear for notifications amassed over 300,000 views on YouTube. 

Android Wear smartwatches such as the LG G Watch, Moto 360 and Samsung Gear Live are currently limited to pairing with smartphones running Android 4.3 or later, such as the Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and LG G3. Pairing an Android smartphone and smartwatch requires the official Android Wear app on the Google Play Store.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/03/android-wear-app-iphone-ipad/

This would be awesome....if it happens.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i cant see why it cant happen, unless apple stops it.

That would be awesome, I was thinking of making the switch form iPhone anyway. So maybe if it's true I'll pick up a Moto 360 ahead of time and still make the switch down the line

That'd be awesome. Even though I really like Apple, I'd probably take a Android Wear bases watch, over the overpriced Apple Watch.

Would be great. One thing we know for sure is that its def NOT gonna be released for Windows cuz Google is such a dick to MS.