558 or Akg 240 mk II?

Viking Kong

Yo, going to get headphones! For music production, music listening and of course gaming. Looking to maybe throw a modmic on aswell. Thoughts on these two pairs?

I never liked AKG headphones. Too flat, too dry, not fun to consume anything through it. However, being so flat could benefit in production.

If you value your listening experience more, then the 558 is great, very detailed, very comfortable (though earpad can be a little itchy), nice punchy bass (takes a bit of burning).

That said, I like headphones that are fun to listen too. Being very flat sounding can be great, but it isn't my preference.

I never liked AKG headphones. Too flat, too dry, not fun to consume anything through it. However, being so flat could benefit in production.

If you value your listening experience more, then the 558 is great, very detailed, very comfortable (though earpad can be a little itchy), nice punchy bass (takes a bit of burning).

That said, I like headphones that are fun to listen too. Being very flat sounding can be great, but it isn't my preference.

Yeah I've been looking at the 558's more...my dad has an old pair of 240's and loves them. How's the headband on the 558? Hmm i could get the 558's and borrow my dads 240's...they aren't the mk II but whatever...

Yeah I've been looking at the 558's more...my dad has an old pair of 240's and loves them. How's the headband on the 558?

Nice and cushy. Though its so freaking light that you'd hardly feel it.