Looking for help finding the right Media Box

canada2005

Hello guys and gals.

I am looking to get my Grandfather(mid-to-late 70's) a media box and need some help to find something a bit specific.

He does not have the internet and will not be getting it anytime soon. My family would like to move away from burning dvds for him and move to usb storage which is much much easier and cost effective. 

I will be loading movies and TV shows on a usb drive and I will give that to him and update it when he wants with more movies and shows.

I've looked at the Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku and they all seems to be based off needing the internet to run and function.

Needs:

Hdmi

Usb connection

box small as possible

remote

...You have explored all options. Nothing is going to work without internet

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

...You have explored all options. Nothing is going to work without internet

the only solution i see would be to build a cheap as possible HTPC, a G3220, any h81 board, 2gb of ram... and so on

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace